Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested as hell in buying a speedy but the only thing I haven't come across was a good looking undertail or tail tidy..If you have one will you please post a pic.

Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
On 2007-01-14 17:59, johnyneo wrote:
I'm interested as hell in buying a speedy but the only thing I haven't come across was a good looking undertail or tail tidy...
Don't let a "proper" tail tidy issue stop you from buying the bike!!! :roll:

There are numerous kits available and/or it's easy to fab up your own. Here's mine:

JOHN

·
Registered
192 Posts
This TAIL TIDY is easy to install.

Before After And you are deciding on buying a Speed Triple based on what tail tidy or undertail kit is available??? I guess we all have different needs. Good luck on your decision. There are a lot of fantastic choices in the showrooms.

·
Registered
629 Posts
On 2007-01-15 05:43, Tricks wrote:
I think you lads are missing the point...
This is what he wants.

:cool:
Yeah. Too bad Mad doc products are***** quality. Everytime someone buys a mad doc product, an angel dies somewhere!

:evil: :razz:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Tricks - That is a gorgeous lookin' bike.

The Blue coil with the matching bar ends, front shock adjusters and what looks to be a blue oil fill cap, looks awesome with the gold bars, gold shocks, gold brakes, etc....

Very, very nicely done and great attention to detail.

JOHN

·
Registered
192 Posts
On 2007-01-15 05:43, Tricks wrote:
I think you lads are missing the point...
This is what he wants.

:cool:
Now THAT is definitely what we all want. Beautiful.
(By the way, do you wear your number plate on your back?)

·
Registered
146 Posts

Ebay.de link

I bought this one, Avi8or has it aswell. It looks ALOT better then the "Mad doc" kit. Has an undertail plate, a rear light with brake light built in, plate holder and blinker holders. Set also includes everything you need to mount it. Atleast this follows the line of the bike instead of the Mad docs rectangular tail light.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm with the Cheap on this one boys... What in the holy hell are you all doing dropping 175$ on a piece of Ace Hardware metal with holes drilled in it. For that kind of cash you could build yer own wrong four times and still save money!!! :hammer:

·
Registered
146 Posts
On 2007-01-15 13:54, Speedys06Triple wrote:
I'm with the Cheap on this one boys... What in the holy hell are you all doing dropping 175$ on a piece of Ace Hardware metal with holes drilled in it. For that kind of cash you could build yer own wrong four times and still save money!!! :hammer:
Well, Cheapbastard is a cheap bastard. I'm a lazy bastard.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2007-01-15 14:01, Mikey-S3 wrote:
:-D If it makes ya feel any better mikey, I think the kit you and Avi8or have is by far the best look'n. The only thing that chaps my hyde about that kit is the fact that it doesn't come with blinkers fer that price! :hammer: Or does it?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well, just to settle the argument the Mad Dr comes with indicators and now the wiring is dead easy to install.
The kit does inc the undertray.
Thanks for the comments Graciejohn2.

SETTLED the DR's the best!!

:cool: :upthumb:

·
Registered
146 Posts
On 2007-01-15 14:05, cheapbastard wrote:
On 2007-01-15 14:01, Mikey-S3 wrote:
:-D If it makes ya feel any better mikey, I think the kit you and Avi8or have is by far the best look'n. The only thing that chaps my hyde about that kit is the fact that it doesn't come with blinkers fer that price! :hammer: Or does it?
Naah it doesnt come with blinkers sadly. I'll just install it with the stock blinkers for a while. I kinda like the look of those on the S3. Imo pointy looking things like some Kellerman models dont really fit the S3 well.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts