Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Tigering (been riding Hinkley bikes since 1993) and still to see the goodies that are available.

Saw pics of Tango with underseat exhaust - who sells it? what does it cost? does it maje a dreadfull (nice) noise? does it fit if the tiger is lowered with a hagon at the back?

cheers folks.

.... and I've just started what I should have done in the first place and hit SEARCH! Quite a bit to read through.

[ This message was edited by: JohnPonting on 2006-12-16 04:11 ]

·
Registered
659 Posts
John, as you may have allready heard, Tango made the system himself, or at least had it built to his own spec. Alas Tango is no more. Big Stripey is the person to contact for more info. But..My advice is ........dont. Sorry .

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Hi there,

Tango's exhaust was made by a company called 'Zorstec' in Bradford, Yorkshire. It was to his own original design, but ultimately it cost him a fortune to make it all fit.

It needed a new suspension solution to stop the back wheel striking the exhaust when the suspension was fully compressed, and the undertray had to go as well. This meant that the ride height at the rear of the bike was very tall. He also had to junk the original tail light assembly as well and have a new mounting bracket fabricated.

All in all it cost him close to a thousand pounds to do it :( . Having said that... it sounded awesome :cool: and it definately improved the performance.....

Nephetsthegrey,
Thanks for your concerns, much appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I have to say,when Tango first put his pictures on the board i mailed him to ask about it,it wasn't the cost but the clearance that i was bothered about,haveing put a groove up the inside of my Remus can with my rear brake caliper and thats with a heavy duty Ohlin,and i'm no heavy weight,but do a lot of two up riding.

If you only ride one up,it's an interesting option,it's a nice legacy that he's left us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts