Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
If you don't have one get a throttle rocker, it's a great way to relax your throttle hand. I had the same issue on the Sprint but changing over to a Tiger took care of the problem.

Yup, there are a number of inexpensive items that can be put on the right handgrip that allow you to open your hand and stretch your fingers without releasing the throttle. I had the same symptoms and cured them immediately with something called a "cramp buster."

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
I wonder if they do gel handgrips?

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Yes, in my post I said I had put Pro Grips gel grips on my first bike.

I haven't had these same issues with the Sprint. Different type of engine and I suppose better factory bar ends? It does have a cramp buster as well, though I wasn't using it at first and thought I didn't like it. Now I am using it, and yes I like ti for straightening my hand out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
+1 on the throttle rocker. 10 bucks at the Iron Pony, and
well worth it.
Do not get cut unless absolutely necessary. I had Minor?
surgery a few years ago (dupytrins contracture sp?), spent
a year with rehab 3 times a week until they gave up.
Took me years to get my hand back to comfortable,
and it's still stiff. Now when they tell me minor surgery,
I tell them "minor surgery is what they do to you,
major surgery is what they do to me."
cg

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Looks like you would maybe need longer cables to fit this. Also, if it comes back more you may have to turn your wrists out a little more to grip. I had this problem on an older 1500 gold wing that would give me cramps in my hand after an hour or so of riding.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm with Boldor on this one .I used to work in the meat processing game as a butcher, and it was extremely common for guys to get operated on for carpel tunnel syndrome .I started taking magnesium phosphate as advised by a naturopath (sp?) and had almost immediate success .

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Honestly, the very heavy HVMP bar ends and gel grips completely transformed the bars on my buzzy little twin. If they make HVMP bar ends for your bike, I highly recommend them. They are also long enough to probably protect your levers and even bodywork on your bike if you were to drop it. I never wanted to actually test that theory, but the new owner of my ex500 did this summer, and yes, they apparently helped a lot in the damage department, lol!

Actually after a friend rode it, he came back and said, "What grips are these? I want some!" So when we took a trip to Iron Pony he bought some as well. Then when he came back this year, he bought some for his other bike.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts