Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
ultimate depends essentially of how you plan to use the bike.red59 and mecchanica are obviouslylooking in different directions and they are right both !!
personally i'm more "red59" inclined but the "mecchanica"
option is very seducing too in an other way (and much more $$$$$$$ too).
you have too bikes:make the tr6 a red59 dependable smooth
bke and make the t120 a road racer with all the expensive and the high quality gofaster items as proned by mecch...so you'll have ,not the best of both world ,but the best in both worlds!!!patience and high money is all you need...
begin with the tr6,cheaper and quicker, so you can enjoy soon the real thing that counts:riding a well fettled triumph!!
ben

· Registered
367 Posts
ok..let's do it!
motor:750cc conversion with 70 cams,dynamically balanced crank,morgo rotary oil pump,norton type oil filter on the return line before the the T to the head, a small oil cooler switchable for summer/winter,points and no electronic ignition,a cylinder head shop(england )head rebuild with the best valves and guides available, some head porting,kedo type tappets adjuster(they make it for the 500 xt/sr not for triumph but i think it's possible to getit done;it's only a question of thread),probably a better alternator and a battery eliminator,a five speed gearbox with a longer final drive, a belt drive dry cluch primary,two 30 or32 mikunis and that's all for the moment.
cycle parts:a 70 frame with the 70 tls brake ,progressive fork springs,alloy mudguards with a discrete fork brace under it,a enclosed rear chain(yes!)which doesn't exist yet,a 4 gallons fuel tank with the 68 paint scheme and the marvellous parcel grid(very usefull feature!!)
well...
to answer to you in french :je vais trés bien ..et vous?
make sweet dreams ..here it's 2 oclock in the night
ben

· Registered
367 Posts
i had a good night and i remind a feature to add to my dream bike:nicasil alloy barrels..harris made them but the threads stripped at light speed but they can be redone and overhauled by fitting inserted steel threads(am i clear?)
less weight, better cooling,les piston slap what else?
ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.