Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well, I pick up my 2004 955i in afew days, and I can't wait :D

Can anyone recommend a UK insurer who has been particularly favourable on their Sprint? I'm 34, have held a bike license since I could walk and have the obligatory 3 points gained on 4 wheels :eek:!

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
164 Posts
best thing is try them all.. I ended up using Carole Nash for one bike, and bikesure for another. Paid the extra to cover my gear and for the euro breakdown

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Insurance

I used to get really good deals from Ridesure, but after my accident a couple of years ago, they went through the roof. Almost as expensive as Carol Nash, but still cheaper than Norwich, who seemed determined to "quote my hysterical" whenever I call them

I got my cover this year from MCE, who pulled out the stops to beat everyone, and included cover of my riding gear and helmet, and all the panniers etc that they seem to not cover when you have to claim!!!

Rexx

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi all,

Well, I pick up my 2004 955i in afew days, and I can't wait :D

Can anyone recommend a UK insurer who has been particularly favourable on their Sprint? I'm 34, have held a bike license since I could walk and have the obligatory 3 points gained on 4 wheels :eek:!

Cheers in advance.
Try Adelaide Insurance [in northern ireland, work that one out!] if you have owt to do with the IAM, you get discount.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a multi-bike policy with ebike Insurance.

They do seem to allow most of the typical mods that you do to the bike to be recorded without any extra premium. At least they shouldn't try to worm out of paying up because you haven't told them about the extras.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Last year H&R won hands down. About £340.

This year Kwik Fit (!) as broker gave the best deal - £312 fully comp - no alarm, no garage, zone 2 London, 3 points and max ncd. I know you rural types will laugh hysterically at this "bargain"! H&R were £360.

All found through the comparison web sites - worth spending a few hours but be prepared for annoying 'phone calls straight away.

·
Registered
15 Posts
best thing is try them all.. I ended up using Carole Nash for one bike, and bikesure for another. Paid the extra to cover my gear and for the euro breakdown
just as a side note, ztolley, are you allowed to apply your no claims discount to 2 seperate policies, i have often wondered this?????

i'm with Carole Nash for my 1050 sprint and my cbr600fx...40 years old..full NCD..no points.....£307 with £425 excess...both bikes have datatool and sprint has datatag too

bear in mind excesses and mine had european breakdown cover and legal protection (which probably means nowt)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Carol Nash, have three bikes on one policy fully comp, protected no claims, recovery and legal protection all for £268. Tried loads of others no one could touch them. I do have max no claims though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi just insured with Carol Nash £243 with 5 ncd breakdown cover uk/european and a free set of r&g crash bungs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts