Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I know there is a sticky thread on exhausts but it's a bit of a case of information overload on there for a relative newbie like me. I got a 2015 Mag Wheel about 2 months ago and passed my test the week before last and although I've fitted quite a few Triumph accessories already I desperately want to change the stock exhaust note. I don't really want to get a whole new exhaust system (if I did I'd probably go for the Arrow 2/2) as I don't want to lose my bluing. So what would people suggest as a good quality pair of silencers that are either made in the UK or ship here relatively easily/quickly? I've seen good stuff a out the Norman Hyde Togas - are these the ones I should be looking at? I've also seen the Triumph High Flow silencers (£395) - anyone ever use these?

I'm looking for something that'll really improve the exhaust note but not be silly (Harley) loud as my bike is kept in an underground car park beneath the block of flats I live in. Budget is about £400 but could push to £500 for something special.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I put Dunstall pipes on my Bonnie. Lovely sound, but you might want the optional baffles to take the edge off. A lot cheaper than Togas so you will have some change to buy something else. Bargain !!:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'm going to go with the Norman Hyde Pea Shooters. I phoned them and he said they are a very similar sound to the Classic Togas but I actually prefer the peashooter styling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts