Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOT's for all vehicles have been suspended in the UK for 6 months, this is if your MOT is due after the 30th march this year.

Mines due in May

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
MOT's for all vehicles have been suspended in the UK for 6 months, this is if your MOT is due after the 30th march this year.

Mines due in May
You guys got bigger things to worry about, Chuck isn't feeling well! I know how you feel about the royal fam and all. ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes, lets hope that our Queen or Prince Phillip don't get it, at their age it could be disastrous for the country, Charlie boy is not up to the job ???

We should jump a generation and have his son William next. ???

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the whole Royal family should be got rid of, no relevance in today's society whatsoever. People might have fallen for their crap a hundred years ago but these days the Royals are so out of touch with the real world its beyond belief.
You've got thousands of health workers risking their lives every day trying to save people and these lot just sit behind their closed doors tying to make us believe they give a s**t! If they really did give a s**t then they would be going out helping people in need at this dodgy time! Over 500,000 people have volunteered their time in the UK to help the NHS, I guarantee not one of them is a member of the Royal family.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Or the Royal Family could announce they are going to fund the building of a New Hospital. This would be a big boast to the moral of the country and at the same time be a great monument from them to the loyal people of the UK.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I must have grown up in a different era to you lot, with regard to the Queen I am a royalist, as she has done a lot for the country. But the rest of the hangers on should get a life and a job and stop scrounging off us lot. Same with politicians, they should half the amount in parliament and make them do a days work! When you see them talking, other than prime minister's question time or some other special talk, there is next to none in the commons. If you see the Spanish chamber it is full all the time. Bloody con artists the lot of them.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 52 now, but when i was a kid I was brought up in a Royalist household, my parents used to stick the 'bunting' up for any big Royal event that was taking place. My parents were kids during the second world war and from watching all the old film footage of the era the Royal family did seem to display a big presence at the time so I understand why the older generations had more time for them. It seems these days all that the Royal family do is 'flaunt' themselves in the media from time to time and knock out the odd baby now and again to get the public's interest, they don't seem to do a great deal of good deeds for the nation any more. As DPE said if they were to knock up a hospital or something then they might get a bit more respect.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm 52 now, but when i was a kid I was brought up in a Royalist household, my parents used to stick the 'bunting' up for any big Royal event that was taking place. My parents were kids during the second world war and from watching all the old film footage of the era the Royal family did seem to display a big presence at the time so I understand why the older generations had more time for them. It seems these days all that the Royal family do is 'flaunt' themselves in the media from time to time and knock out the odd baby now and again to get the public's interest, they don't seem to do a great deal of good deeds for the nation any more. As DPE said if they were to knock up a hospital or something then they might get a bit more respect.
Just a "boy" then ???
As I said the Queen has spent her life in the public eye, wether she wanted to or not, and done a good job as well. But as for Charlie boy etc, its best I do not say what I think.
"Phillip the Greek" had to give up his naval career when his father in law died, something that must have been very hard for him. He had wanted to make the rank of admiral on his own, not be given an honoury title one.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a "boy" then ???
As I said the Queen has spent her life in the public eye, wether she wanted to or not, and done a good job as well. But as for Charlie boy etc, its best I do not say what I think.
"Phillip the Greek" had to give up his naval career when his father in law died, something that must have been very hard for him. He had wanted to make the rank of admiral on his own, not be given an honoury title one.
I do remember back in the 70's there always seemed to be some big Royal event going on and like I said my parents were big Royal fans, they had mugs and everything, we used to watch the trooping of the colour, the changing of the guard, the queen laying her wreath at the cenotaph, the Queens speech at christmas and there was that big military get together in aid of the Queen on TV every year can't remember what it was called though, oh yeah the Queens silver jubilee was a massive thing too. You just don't seem to get any of that sort of thing from the younger Royals these days only scandals.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Royal Tournament was what you were thinking of, went to see it in 1961, very exciting for an 11 year old.
My grandmother had coronation cups etc going back to Edward the seventh, don't know what happened to them after she died.
My older brother went with my other grandmother to see the coronation in 1953, I was too young then ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am a supporter of our Royal Family and proud of our history. That is what a lot of us will say. The key to this is that it is History.
I would now like to see the present Royal Family starting to make us all Proud of them. Not us still living on the memory of the Past events of the Past Royal family and the legacy of what they did for the Country and the People of the Commonwealth.
That is why I said in an earlier post it would be Good for the whole population and the Country to hear the Present Royal Family are going to fund the build of a much needed new Hospital and Donate it to the People and the Country.
This is my personal view and I am a supporter of the Family.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Will the system let you tax your bike or car with no mot then?
What about anpr cameras?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will the system let you tax your bike or car with no mot then?
What about anpr cameras?
I suppose it will have to, I did see somewhere that this MOT suspension could last for 12 months. If you believe some of the conspiracy theories out there will anyone other than the military have a use for a motor vehicle by the end of the summer?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Alas it was one of the many cutbacks made to the armed forces by one government or another many years ago now.
Just seen your profile, what part of Bournemouth are you from?
Used to live at Burton just outside Christchurch when we were in England.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alas it was one of the many cutbacks made to the armed forces by one government or another many years ago now.
Just seen your profile, what part of Bournemouth are you from?
Used to live at Burton just outside Christchurch when we were in England.
I was born in Weymouth, managed to escape from there when I was six months old, well didn't have much choice really. Moved to Puddletown near Dorchester which is where I spent my childhood and early adult life, then migrated to Poole and lived with a couple of mates, met my wife and set up home in sunny Bournemouth, near Bournemouth hospital, which is convenient. What made you move to Spain?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts