Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i know that this might be already discussed to death but being new to this forum and triumph ,can any one tell me the right way to do a oil change on this bike and what type of oil to use

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'll corner him, you guys bring the pitchforks and torchs.

we have a search function on this forum(just like every other forum)
it is located directly under your log-in info at the top right. If you type in oil and then select the forums you want to search, you will indeed see this subject has been brought up before.

repeat after me "No more oil threads"

you think truffle oil is expencive wait untill you see how much Royal Purple costs:eek:

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Pages 63 and 64 of the owners handbook tells you all you need to know to do this task and do the filter as well. Page 112 states what type and specification of oil to use.

It only recommends Mobil motorcycle oils, but in the continent something like Motul 5100 is more easily available in bike shops.

Page 104 the quantities required: Oil change only 3.3 litres, oil AND filter 3.8 litres.

You might need the oil filter removal tool (the 65mm one for a standard filter). It's only about $6 to $10:

Ask us about AI removal next...I dare you!.

·
30,517 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for that propforward ,i did use seach engine at top of page and i put in engine oil change ,i got same answer as you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts