Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 09 Bonnevilles, Triumph has decided to include the most horrendous reservoir in Christendom. This has already widely received the less than complimentary name of "urine cup".

Can there be any possible justification for this apalling piece of junk jutting out of a cheapo bracket attached to the mirror mount?.

Even if we buy the after-market billet and anodised alternative, it still has to be fitted the same way.
What was wrong with the built-into the master cylinder reservoir used in 95% of other bikes?.

·
Registered
147 Posts
As I have posted before, the reservoir is the aesthetic weak link in an otherwise beautiful bike. Like a big honkin' nose wart on a beauty queen. I have ordered an anodized replacement from MADSS along with bar end mirrors, just waiting for them to arrive. Can I still mount the reservoir on the factory mount if I have removed the stock mirror?

Russ

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Ugly yes but there are lots of options to replace it. Even triumph has an black aluminium replacement - costs around US$80.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's about time they put an ugly a$$ brake reservoir on the Bonnie. Us thruxton guys have been dealing with it for a long time. Fair is fair :D Seriously though, what were they thinking, that thing is hideous :eek:

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've got the same urine cup on my Sprint ST... the speed triple folks too - though most of those fellows prefer to replace with CF or CF look parts.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's with the change of bars and I think switchgear to the Thruxton type setup. In fact, I think it is the same as on the Thrux. I guess Triumph are just economising on parts by re-using stuff they already have in the bin. Just helps the bottom line in terms of £££/$$$ I suppose - and of course gives an opportunity for the aftermarket guys to fill a gap.

Mind you, sit on some sports bikes, and the rats nest of cable and pipes is very far from aesthetically pleasing.

Regards to all

Andy
RIP Del

·
Registered
64 Posts
Celebrate the Cup

Don't hate the cup , celebrate it..:p

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've been trying to think of a way to get rid of the urine cup, and though the anodized aluminum replacements are an improvement, I wonder if it wouldn't just be possible to find a set of bars and controls from an '08, swap out the risers on the triple clamp and install the complete assembly.

Can anyone think of any obvious reasons why this wouldn't work?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Urine cup cover..

I plan to cover mine with a neoprene sock. A black neoprene sock. :D

S.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Brake Resouvoir

It always looked like a piss cup the Dr gives ya to me! Gotta ask Triumph on that one? I got an 04 Bonne so mine looks a bit better? The top started to leak so I replaced it w/ a cchrome one from NB. Looks awesome now & DOESNT leak anymore!! Like said- The more plastic- the cheaper to build! Why my 04 aint goin no where!!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Just think of it as in keeping with the "retro" look. It was good enough for Ducati's ect in the 70's.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Have any of you seen our new piece to eliminate and the Urine Cup and Hose with our new direct mount Billet Resevoir. Heres the link to our site and if you want to see the actual Pics of it installed on the "mag wheel" bike or others send me a Private message,

http://www.british-customs.com/product.php?productid=17198&cat=0&page=1
I was considering that piece, but I have a question- is the adapter just a press fit into the cup? I don't see any threads. If that's the case, would it be possible to knock it loose accidently if you did something stupid like throw your jacket over the handlebars?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts