Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
RAF have airbases in Lincolnshire but with that sort of damage it would have taken the plane out too.

My guess, looks like metal fatigue, one blade failed taking another out with it.

-----------------
Ride on ! :)

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Hope the pilot was wearing something sturdier than one of those Pumpkin helmets, alluded to in another thread.

·
Registered
419 Posts
And I wanted one of thoes things for my back garden. It surely would out do Mr. Power tool who lives next door!

Lil

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
doodledog, what have you been doing :eek:? (This is his neck of the woods).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lincolnshire/7817378.stm

DaveB.
OK your going to say Bull*** but my wife was driving home from work that evening, when she got in she said she had seen a UFO, yea right says I, she saw a round very bright light going like a bat out of hell across the village below the cloud base, (very Low) thing is it was completely silent, we get lots of RAF and US fighters flying low over the village so we are used to them and the noise, two days later it was in the papers, thing is that wind genny it hit was part of a brand new wind farm so no fatigue and there was no wreckage of a plane, those blades are nearly 70 foot long and very thick, almost like an airliners wing, who knows what it was but its the silent thing that makes you wonder.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
Well if it was a UFO and it hit the wind genny I don't think much of its navigational system !

Probably some Martian pilot is now getting strips torn off him for damaging his Mark XVI Flying Saucer.

---------------
Ride on ! :cool:

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
OK your going to say Bull*** but my wife was driving home from work that evening, when she got in she said she had seen a UFO, yea right says I, she saw a round very bright light going like a bat out of hell across the village below the cloud base, (very Low) thing is it was completely silent, we get lots of RAF and US fighters flying low over the village so we are used to them and the noise, two days later it was in the papers, thing is that wind genny it hit was part of a brand new wind farm so no fatigue and there was no wreckage of a plane, those blades are nearly 70 foot long and very thick, almost like an airliners wing, who knows what it was but its the silent thing that makes you wonder.
Just to add I wrote my reply before I read the article on here and it seems she saw the same as the guy who described it, not saying it was aliens or anything but definatly unidentified, we have seen crazy stuff here before though, last year an object went over our house one night hotly persued by two typhoon euro fighters.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The report on the Sky News website today said that it was probably material fatigue, but you say this is a new installation. Doesn't sound good.....

I guess it must've been aliens :rolleyes:.

DaveB.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
..........we have seen crazy stuff here before though, last year an object went over our house one night hotly pursued by two typhoon euro fighters.

....I suppose if one had fired (accidentally or not) a missile, then that's what it could look like ?

...or maybe they're out to get you DD !

...wasn't your Honda 250 sabotaged recently ?

--------------
Ride on ! :eek:

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
wondered why I went down on Monday!!! Green Bastids! No we get stuff like this here quite often,

Nope, nothing like that. Move along, citizens. Nothing to see here. Look! A flying squirrel! Now, if you'll just look into this light, everything will be explained.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts