Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running Sport Demons on my Adventurer, which now need replacing,(no complaints) any recommendations of other tyres? What do you use?

100/90-19 Front
150/80-16 Rear

Gary

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Seemed to find a price/style sweet spot that fits me with the Pirelli Angel ST’s. Able to get the set for under $200 delivered. Will be spooning them on myself Re-using the existing tubes. Will only need to find a shop to get em balanced.

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Re-using the existing tubes.
I recommend strongly against that. A blowout on a bike is a major problem. Tubes stretch then get wrinkled on installation. Then, they fail at the folds. Attaching a photo of a failed tube in an aircraft wheel. Get new rim strips, too.

Will only need to find a shop to get em balanced.
A balancing stand and weights probably won't cost much more than having them balanced.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Great.

It’s infuriating that a two wheeled vehicle will run you $300-$400 to replace its tires. I can put two tires on my Acura for as low as $160.

I get it. Spokes. Causing a need to replace tubes, strips. But finding a bike tire in the price range of a car tire? (Which uses 2 to 3 times more material to make) is pretty much impossible.

A balancer at harbor freight is about $40 bucks. And I’m gonna use it what.? Once every 5 to 10000 miles? Ughhh.

I’ve been trying my hardest to do this for under $200 bucks. Looks like I’m fighting a losing battle.

Sorry for the grousing. I’m sure once the bike has the new rubber on it, I can ride my frustration away.

·
Registered
290 Posts
ever thought of using balancing beads? i have used them several times and they have worked great for me, no need to go get them balanced at a shop then

·
Registered
290 Posts
i put new avon spirit tires on for this season and they work great! correct size too for the rear on a tbs

·
Registered
69 Posts
i put new avon spirit tires on for this season and they work great! correct size too for the rear on a tbs
Nice to hear, I ordered them a while back and will put them on my bike during the winter for next season! Just have to figure out which tubes to get for my TB.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Whilst we are talking tyres does anyone know if there is clearance for a 180 rear on the TBS? Thinking of a temp switch over of my Daytona rims and tyres.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts