Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for a good set of tyres for TBA. Currently running Metzeller Lazer tec front, and 880 rear, good dry weather tyres but they don't inspire much confidance in the wet.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Colin,

I have exactly the same combo of tires on my 05 T-100. I don't like the Me-880, it is a scary tire. I've had it slid around for no good reason on damp roads and dry ones.

I will continue to use Metzeler's on my bike, but I'll go back to the LazerTec on both the front and rear. That's a combo that I have total faith in, they stick to the road like rails in the dry and are very predictable in the wet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
just make sure if you take the tires off to bring them to the shop (to save a few bucks worth of labor like I did) and the shop you go to usually deals in HD (as most around me do) you make it PAINFULLY CLEAR which way the tire rotation goes. Come to find out yesterday that the shop that put my last rear tire on did it backwards, so Ive been riding around with a back tire goin in reverse the past almost 2 years. Explains the funky wear pattern (flat in the center with tread on the sides). And I have the LaserTec/ME880 combo and no complaints... now. I have had ME880s on her since I bought her in '05 and other than sliding when badly worn, no issues. I do however strongly dislike the Dunlop Arrowmax for the front... tried that last time and ran back to Metz cuz the tread on the Dunlop actually simulates a bad case of cupping when t wears. Funky little ^^ pattern on either side of center and when the points on the treads wear off they leave divits that give headshake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts