Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i want to change my tyres on a 04 bonnie , can anyone tell me what can i use please , can i also go wider on back and front, and which profiles to choose. :wink:

·
Registered
486 Posts
I put Metzeler Tourances on my T100 so it could handle dirt and gravel a little bit better. They are often described as 90% street / 10% dirt, and so far that seems about right. Ride is a little rougher/louder at low speeds, but otherwise they seem good. They certainly are very highly recommended by dual-sport riders who lean toward pavement.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Orpheus,

Do you have any pics of your bike with the Metz on it?

Was it a difficult application? Aren't they tubeless?

Thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
On 2007-03-02 15:14, jcline8 wrote:
Orpheus,

Was it a difficult application? Aren't they tubeless?

Thanks
I'll take some pics tomorrow. Not difficult at all since I didn't do it. :) They are tubeless, but pretty much any tire can be run with tubes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi orpheus
used the metzeler tourances on a bmw adv, good tyres , swapped for avon distanzias, good as well , got the avons on a ccm supermoto at the minute. thanks . :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
G'day Orpheus.
Thats a fine looken bike mate.Its good to see one that looks like its used,not just polished and played with.I like the road!!!! :chug:
See ya, Macca.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I put Dunlop 106s on mine. It has been way to icy to ride much, so I don't know about how they compare. I did get 10,000 miles from the Bridgestones. How about the same tires they put on the Scrambler? As for clearance, I had trouble this year with my ride (elephant on Guanella pass) using a tire chain, so there is not that much extra room. Don't know how much of that was the thicker tread, and how much from the pattern. The Dunlops were beefy enough to take a 1/4" ice screw.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I put trailwings on my bonneville and like them alot.
Noticeable increase in tire hum at around 50kms-70kms. At higher speeds, the noise is not really noticeable (though this is more likely helmet/air noise as I don't have a windscreen).
Te tires are substantially better on gravel roads. I haven't and don't intend to use them on strictly dirt/mud roads or tracks.
They're similar to the scrambler supplied tires.
Pick at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/370364610/in/photostream/

·
Registered
55 Posts
On 2007-03-03 23:56, Orpheus wrote:
On 2007-03-02 15:14, jcline8 wrote:
Orpheus,

what size Tourances did you use?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts