Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for some advice/help with my 05 955i tiger:

1) on three ocasssions, my gear selector has jammed solid in first gear (always when the bike is stopped)....i can't move it at all and therefore can't get it into neutral to start it.
if i turn the engine over, it frees up.

this happens only intermittently and at all other times gear selection and finding neutral is very smooth and easy.
any ideas?

2) i've never been able to ascertain exactly how many litres i can get out of my fuel tank, so i don't know if there's any "unreachable" fuel in the 24 litres.
i'm tempted to carry a fuel can and let the tank run dry to discover this.
can i potentially do any harm by letting the tank run dry?

thanks for any advice that you guys can offer.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I ran my tank dry on just under 23 litres :(

IMHO Triumph should have left the tank capacity at 25 litres as on earlier Tigers, or increased it. How can you have an "adventure" on an Adeventure Sports bike in the middle of knowhere with a small tank ?? Well done BMW for coming up with add on fuel tanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
MPG Help

Hi n4naked I also ride an 05 955i tiger and do get 200 miles before the fuel light comes on then I would do another 30 miles before filling up, my bike is used every day going to and from work sometime nice and easy ,then the red mist will decend and the tiger is unleashed . hope this helps as for your gear change issue mine gets sticky in first when the oil is due for a change, something to do with the oil around the clutch plates.

ATB Irishpaddy

looking for some advice/help with my 05 955i tiger:

1) on three ocasssions, my gear selector has jammed solid in first gear (always when the bike is stopped)....i can't move it at all and therefore can't get it into neutral to start it.
if i turn the engine over, it frees up.

this happens only intermittently and at all other times gear selection and finding neutral is very smooth and easy.
any ideas?

2) i've never been able to ascertain exactly how many litres i can get out of my fuel tank, so i don't know if there's any "unreachable" fuel in the 24 litres.
i'm tempted to carry a fuel can and let the tank run dry to discover this.
can i potentially do any harm by letting the tank run dry?

thanks for any advice that you guys can offer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts