Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added the Renntec grab rail (New Bonneville) and a J C Whitney travel trunk ($89.99) to make errands and travel packing easy. It fits well, comes off with four bolts and looks decent.
Next came a pair of Egmo dunstall mufflers from Dennis Kirk, and adaptors from BellaCorse for cheap money and a much improved exhaust note. I am selling the stock mufflers on auction. (I hope)
With the Parabellum fairing, I am very pleased with all. :cool:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Edwin,
I'm interested in the Whitney luggage. I looked it up on the Whitney site and it looks pretty good. Do you have any photos of it installed?
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
65 Posts
Okay you can't post stuff like that with no pics. I'm sure it breaks a couple United Nation resolutions or something like that.
now for the responce everyone is waiting for.
Did you have to rejet for that?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No photos, but it fits great with the Renntec rack - a perfect fit. It all looks to be factory installed. No I did not re-jet. (I get a little popping on downshifts, but no big deal.) By the way, the trunk is surprisingly good quality. The old mufflers are on the auction for $15.00

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm pretty sure I read a review of the JC Whitney trunk in Cycle World in the past month or so. (If it wasn't Cycle World, then it was Motorcyclist or Robb Report Motorcycle . . . whatever). Any-hoo, the review rated the trunk at decent quality for the price. The trunk ain't my style, but more powa to those that do like it. Enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts