Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Two Brothers has released twin slip-ons for 2017-2018 T100 and T120 Bonnevilles. https://www.twobros.com/products/triumph-bonneville-t120-t100-dual-slip-ons-2017

I have a 2016 T120 so I called up Two Brothers and they are only advertising it for 2017 and 2018 because they did not test them on 2016 models. Does anyone think there will be a problem using them on a 2016? I really love the sound on them. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
What I like best? Access to the rear axle and being able to adjust the chain without removing the slip-on's! But, frankly, I am not crazy about louder cans.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
What I like best? Access to the rear axle and being able to adjust the chain without removing the slip-on's! But, frankly, I am not crazy about louder cans.
Adjust? I don't even know how you guys lube the thing without getting the pipe off.
I'm not a big fan of overly loud pipes either, but I don't think they'll add much volume unless you've ditched the cats.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I cut a piece of cardboard box and put behind the chain, then spray away.
From what angle? Above is blocked by the chainguard. Behind by the wheel/swingarm. In front by the pipe. I suppose one could spray up, but I find that spray cans don't like spraying at peculiar angles for very long though.
Honestly, it's not all that easy to find good places to hit the chain on my Thruxton even with its upswept pipes. And then there's getting a Grunge Brush or rag in their to clean it off and wipe off excessive lube.
I like the look of the stock pipes with the T120s better than the faux sport bike mufflers, but I think I'd run the aftermarkets anyway just for ease of maintenance.
Some guys relish in diddling with their machines. I ain't one of them.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
From what angle? Above is blocked by the chainguard. Behind by the wheel/swingarm. In front by the pipe. I suppose one could spray up, but I find that spray cans don't like spraying at peculiar angles for very long though.
Honestly, it's not all that easy to find good places to hit the chain on my Thruxton even with its upswept pipes. And then there's getting a Grunge Brush or rag in their to clean it off and wipe off excessive lube.
On my T120 I can get a cardboard between the bottom rung of the chain and the tire and spray down onto the chain, which is also the inside of the chain relative to the sprocket. I, also, don't like fiddling, I'd rather ride. I have adjusted the chain on my T120 once and it now has 6500 miles, I keep pretending it's a shaft drive and neglect maintenance. When it wears out, I'll change it.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have adjusted the chain on my T120 once and it now has 6500 miles, I keep pretending it's a shaft drive and neglect maintenance. When it wears out, I'll change it.
I had my tech replace a running light bulb in my Versys about 1000 miles ago. A real PITA the way it's setup. I had 3 of them back there cussing as they'd think they got it only to remove their hands and have it fall off and send them fishing again.
Anyway, they put a mess of grease on my chain and adjusted it for taking so long. I ain't touched it since and I've got another 500 miles before it and the rear tire get replaced. I ride that bike thru everything and it's a rusty mess and I can feel vibration from it clinging to life down there.
I'm going for a group adventure ride this morning. If you see me type again, you'll know it made it. :wink2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts