Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first off I got dibs. Second, this guy is selling a used two brothers carbon fiber exhaust for a 06 triple.

I'm not sure if I want to go down to one pipe, I like the look of two, and I was going to spring for the chain reaction system, but it's 800 vs 200. One think I REALLY don't like is that big emblem on the exhaust, but I asked the dude selling them about it and he said:
The decal is actually an emblem held on by two small rivets, you could drill out the rivets, remove the emblem and put two black rivets back in the holes, wouldn't really be too noticable.
This is a complete plug in bolt on exhaust that replaces the stock. It is a muffler and a midpipe that connect to the head pipe. This exhaust is very light, you would be amazed at the weight difference from the stock system to this. You can also look up any particulars on the Two Brothers website.

What do you hooligans think?
Burrrrrrrrrr

[ This message was edited by: Burrben on 2007-03-02 22:34 ]

·
Registered
344 Posts
where the fcuk is my fun friday :???: :-D :-D :hammer:

·
Super Moderator
22,196 Posts
Let me advise you man, there is no such thing as dibs unless you Buy It now!
Meant with best intentions, but you're nuts for coming on here & drawing attention to a pretty good deal to the perfect audience for this item - those are going new on EBay for $470.
They're good quality product and that is a steal at that price - there's another one listed that is only an Aluminum one for $50 more! - (The aluminum are ~ $100 less on list price!)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your so right. I just bought it for $200

My Two Bros purchase

So do you think the drilling of the rivit thing could be done?

Meant with best intentions, but you're nuts for coming on here & drawing attention to a pretty good deal to the perfect audience for this item - those are going new on EBay for $470.
They're good quality product and that is a steal at that price - there's another one listed that is only an Aluminum one for $50 more! - (The aluminum are ~ $100 less on list price!)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry dude, I actually had leg surgery today to remove this nasty as* vein in my right leg. Next friday when I'm at work!
Burr

On 2007-03-02 22:20, DirtMcGirt wrote:
where the fcuk is my fun friday :???: :-D :-D :hammer:

·
Super Moderator
22,196 Posts
I think you did the right thing man - there is no way you can lose out of that deal; can try it, & then, even if not to your taste, can easily recoup your investment.

There's no reason why you can't probably drill off the decal/logo - I too think on the black CF it 's a bit overwhelming.
Only concern would be if it has left impression (or lighter colour from being protected) under the logo - get it off whole, so you can reinstall if neccessary. It's new enough though & with low miles that doubt it has made much difference - go for it!

Post up pics when you get it installed

Fellow Bay area member incidentally - just down the East Bay a way in Pleasanton.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Rats,
I'm going to put the exhaust on this weekend. Are there any special tools I need? I downloaded the instructions from Two Bros web site. Also do I have to do something to the ECU to make this exhaust work? If so, where/how do I do that? I'm not really into making my own maps, so can I just have the Stealer do it?
Burr.

On 2007-03-02 22:44, Burrben wrote:
Your so right. I just bought it for $200

1 - 7 of 7 Posts