Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

201 - 220 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Most on here are running carbs and the carbs can't be dialed in perfectly without a load of faffing. Most have EFI now but the carb bikes make more power..... Even with the fueling off a touch. The EFI is better for mpg etc because the fueling can be controlled better but carbs like FCR39's are very adjustable too and can be dialed in much closer than the stock carbs.

Chris.
If we have throttle body and carb, having same inlet diameter,
and same CFM-values, we get exactly same max.hp reading out of it,
difference being at on FI bike you have fueling correct over the whole rev-range. And better mpg. FI might even have slightly better reading due to no-dripping of fuel on the intake-side walls when you can electronically control the point when fuel is injected.

That being said, im still a carb-man, in cars too. Theyre fascinating inventions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
CREATED new thread for the discussion of this dyno..will leave this here for results and future searches by people having issue.

thoughts? besides that im clearly running way to rich down here now.. going to back off probably to 130's... also have a vacuum leak on one side of carbs rubber going toward engine so going to replace both sides.. feel like it should be making a lot more after that?

almost embarrassing hahaha :) bike doesnt feel that off though has been on street fine.. only like 1 out of 10 lights in stop n go traffic it might stall but fires right back up

currently 140 keihin's (the 140's that come with BC pred's)
42 pilots
snorkel out
AI removed
BC Pred Exhaust
K&n filter

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've been meaning to get my bike to the dyno but haven't found anyone local here in NYC that will give me a good price just to do a few runs. I recently added some FCRs to my 790, got them dialed in and can definitely feel a difference. I'm just debating whether or not to install the 813 cams and 904 kit that I literally have just sitting in my garage. As soon as I can get a couple pulls done I will post up my results on here.

Can anyone recommend a good shop in the NYC area that will let me make a couple pulls without trying to charge me +$100?

·
Registered
202 Posts
QSIMDO, good call. I will have to get in touch with them and see who they send people to. I don't anticipate the carbs needing much tuning but I would like to confirm my AFR on an actual dyno. Don't get me wrong my Innovate MTX-L has been a great tool but trying keep an eye on the gauge while doing WOT runs is inadvisable not to mention I have gone through 2 sensors and had numerous error codes. When I finally get around to installing the cams and 904 I will be upgrading to an LM-2. Obviously I'm not a pro tuner but the bike runs waaaay better than when I got it and MPG wise its a little thirstier than before but not terrible.

Right now at WOT the AFR is ~12.5 on Ethanol Free 93, kept it rich so when I have to put in E10 it should still be well within the safe zone.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I seem to remember seeing on this forum that the 790 cams were just about the same specs as the 813 cams, so they should work will with the 904 kit.

Stan

·
Registered
71 Posts

My dyno, 2012 Thruxton.
D&D polished 2 into 2
Power commander V
BC battery box eliminator and air pod kit
AI deleted with Newbonneville AI resistor

On the dyno

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Here's the before and after dyno of my 2015 Thruxton. Before is a completely unmodified bike.

Mods are Breathe intake with DNA filter, Dominator Sport exhaust, AI/O2 delete and TTP Tune 3.

Quick vid here too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIfFZmzp-wI

I'll be looking into the flattening out of the HP curve after 6k. Might need to move to ARK and pods. We'll see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is dyno results of my 2004 bonnie.
Mods:
- AI delete
- Snorkel delete
- Airbox restriction delete
- Raask silencers
- 140 mains, 42 pilots about 2 turns out
- TTP ignition remap

Max power 68,77hp but rpm logging wasn't configured right so 15000rpm = 8500rpm. And also torque curve is not right. I calculated aprox torque curve in Excel that might be about right.

Here is video of the dyno pull: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbzd3vniJYY&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
After viewing all the big numbers on this thread, I'm almost ashamed to post my little dyno sheets. I've got a 2002 790cc T100 with:

AI removal
Airbox eliminated/PODS
billit intakes
stock CV carbs
TEC Bike Parts 2 into 1 Cafe system
Pieman igniter

I hesitated to post these findings, but I wanted to give credit to the tuner at Kielbassa Racing in Calw Germany. Once warmed up, she doesn't stumble, is smooth and brisk all the way to the top, even sliding me back on the seat when the cams kick in. 100mph actual (110 indicated) is easy to pass and dozens run out of legs until 118 indicated and stops climbing shortly after. BTW I'm running a 17T front sprocket.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
T100 2014 TTP inlet and DNA filter. Banzzani 4' exhaust. Custom tune.

Tried TTP tune 3 ran too rich and lumpy so now complete custom which (unlike TTP) uses MAP at lower throttle. Note 2014 inlets are DIFFERENT than earlier years which might be a factor.

I have wideband O2 installed on bike and pretty much spot on except rare 1 sec winter cold start stumble that hides when I turn logging on.

Thinking about custom inlet path design using CFD. (Probably should not!)

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
A bit low ?

Here's my results for you. This dyno run was done with 138 mains and 2 1/4 turns on idle mix screw.

After talking to dyno guy he suggested 135 mains 3 turns idle mix screw and 1 shim under needle.

I have yet to do another run, but feels pretty good to me, although looking through the other results on this thread seems a bit low to me.

Despite that I just love my Bonnie so not to bothered. :HappyRoll

Dyno done by Track Electronics Norfolk (UK)

A bit hard to read the details so -- Max power 58.32 bhp Max torque 50.05 ft/lb

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dyno run from last Friday here http://www.triumphrat.net/air-cooled-twins-technical-talk/873698-dyno-run-pointers-please.html
2009 865 EFI Bonneville
Snorkel removed
Internal airbox baffle removed
DNA air filter
TORS end cans
O2 sensor eliminated
AI eliminated
Re mapped

Not quite what I was expecting, I was hoping to go over the 60 rwhp. The headers are the type with the pre-cat installed, does anyone have any experience of these?

Any comments regarding a/f ratio?

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi vegnomeat

Your Dyno run isn't showing

Jon

201 - 220 of 225 Posts