Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Driftless Admin
2008 Bonneville Black
12,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We brought home a little sister for my 08 Bonnie Black. My wife traded in her Honda Shadow for a 09 Bonnie Black with the mag wheels:

They look a lot alike, but now that I've ridden the 2009 on my own familiar roads I'm amazed at how different these two bikes are. The handling of the 09 is incredible, so stable in the corners and quick to turn. And the throttle response is amazing, due to I guess the EFI. While the 08 builds up speed when I get on the throttle at a respectful rate, the 09 seems to jump to the throttle.

The lightness of the 09 and it's size, along with the quite pipes, make it feel just a touch toy-like to me and the 08 had more presence. But that's just me.

I'm a loyal sort and would never publicly state a preference for anything else but carbs and laced wheels, but lord the new bike is nice!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Congrats! They sure do look nice together.. bet the wifes pretty happy too.

·
Driftless Admin
2008 Bonneville Black
12,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! They sure do look nice together.. bet the wifes pretty happy too.
The wife is very happy. She says it's *so* easy to ride. She was never comfortable on the Honda in slower speed corners, especially in parking lots and such. I think the rake of the front was the culprit.

And the Triumph and Honda just clashed when we rode together, like plaid and stripes. :)

Oh yeah, forgot to mention: at her very first stop at a gas station two different people came up to say "nice bike" and ask about it. So laced wheels or not, they are still attention getters ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts