Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Got all the parts together and have now mounted the brackets and lightweight horns -- i am hoping they will be light enough so the bracket does not break -- although i will no be too surprised if the horn itself makes a break for freedom at some time

-- more pics in my "ifibuiditwill it run " build thread

Attachments

· Super Moderator
11,714 Posts
Hi Wol,

A suggestion - turn the relay upside down.

The least waterproof part of the relay is the junction between the metal case and the terminals 'board'. As it is in your picture, any water landing on the terminals board is actually retained by the edge of the case, :eek: the only place it can drain is into the relay, from which it can't escape. :Darn

I would mount the relay the other way up, thread the wires to/from the relay through the space between it and the main bracket and use 'flag' terminals on the ends of the wires.

will no be too surprised if the horn itself makes a break for freedom at some time
Drill a small hole in an unimportant part of each horn and secure each to a hole in the main bracket with a cable-tie?

Hth.

Regards,

· Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Stuart - good point on the relay - will consider turning it "upside down" - will see how the wiring looks - but have to admit its unlikely that i would ride this bike in the rain (yes you can get caught out when a fine day turns moist)

those horns are only about 2 squid each - if the bracket breaks its not easy or worth repairing - i normally just let them bounce down the road and fit a new one (having said that , the one on my hooligan T140 has lasted well so far - unfortunately that cannot be said about its rear light and number plate)

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.