Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Finally got a day off and I was able to drop off the Dez Sled at the Motochopshop last week ! ! ! Kevin is a great guy very knowledgeable on all Triumph motorcycles related questions and then some. Had a great conversation with him and discovered a few things regarding my aftermarket pipes that will set me back a few $$$$ but it has to be done so it is for the better. The shop always has at any given time about 8 to 10 bikes in there but I could tell that he is passionate and dedicated to each and every customer that sets foot in his shop and I can't wait to get The Dez Sled back on the road. it'll be a few weeks but I know it'll be well worth it. Should have an update next week.

Dropping mine off on Thursday to motochopshop! Only heard good things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dropping mine off on Thursday to motochopshop! Only heard good things

Hey sethb!

Nice looking bike, I like how you streamlined the front end and lightened up the rear end, great color too !
Is that a Monza gas cap you have and if so how do you like it. What are you getting done to yours, Kevin is a great guy and will hook you up with whatever you need.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looking most excellent Mushy! You made your Scrambler your own, and tastefully I might add. :cool:
Congrats.
Thank you very much Maxacceleration it has taken me a little bit of time to get to the final result but I am almost there, hopefully dropping it off sometimes this week to get it tuned up and she'll be "done" ... but then again is a project EVER done ??? Gotta clean up the frame where I cut the footage brackets, next will be shocks and new fork springs and I think I'll be done with it, but it'll have to wait a little ...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey sethb!

Nice looking bike, I like how you streamlined the front end and lightened up the rear end, great color too !

Is that a Monza gas cap you have and if so how do you like it. What are you getting done to yours, Kevin is a great guy and will hook you up with whatever you need.

Thanks man!
I’m just bringing mine in for a 12k service and look over. I’ve done the other stuff myself but never that in depth so wanting him to do it.
Plus gives me a reason to bring my bike on vacation lol.
Yes that’s the Motone monza, I really like it, it makes filling up so much easier. After dropping my cap the second time, i decided to get one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you very much Maxacceleration it has taken me a little bit of time to get to the final result but I am almost there, hopefully dropping it off sometimes this week to get it tuned up and she'll be "done" ... but then again is a project EVER done ??? Gotta clean up the frame where I cut the footage brackets, next will be shocks and new fork springs and I think I'll be done with it, but it'll have to wait a little ...
Totally second this! just read through the whole thread, love what you've done with it!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got the call from Mickey down at Cohen Motorsports a couple of days ago and The Ol Dez Sled is ready for pickup so I will be heading down there tomorrow morning first thing ! ! !

CAN"T WAIT ! ! ! !

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Got my baby back and rode her for a few hours today and she sure purrrrrrs ...

She got outfitted with a new power commander, did her time on the dino and got mapped out, what a difference it makes when an expert gets a hold of her and does his magic ...

Can't wait for my next ride ! ! !

Before and after pictures ... The day I picked her up ... and as she stands today ... What a difference it makes with a little imagination, creativity and a lot of elbow grease. GOTTA LOVE IT I SURE DO ! ! ! !

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got my baby back and rode her for a few hours today and she sure purrrrrrs ...

She got outfitted with a new power commander, did her time on the dino and got mapped out, what a difference it makes when an expert gets a hold of her and does his magic ...

Can't wait for my next ride ! ! !

Before and after pictures ... The day I picked her up ... and as she stands today ... What a difference it makes with a little imagination, creativity and a lot of elbow grease. GOTTA LOVE IT I SURE DO ! ! ! !
In absolute AWE at the before and after!!! Killlllleerrrrrrrr ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
In absolute AWE at the before and after!!! Killlllleerrrrrrrr ?

Thank you ScramblerNoob I really appreciate it, it is always a good feeling when a projet takes shape and the final result comes as close as possible to the original idea and I this case it is exactly what I had in mind. Once again it was "a labor of love", it took a lot longer that I wanted to due to certain elements that were out of my control and waiting for a little cash to come in but in the end it was well worth the wait.

I just have a couple of finishing touches and she'll be done ... or will she ...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Great looking bike. You def made it yours and it looks killer!
Thank you mattmatiks I really appreciate it. I am really happy with the way the project turned out, it is exactly what I had in mind when I started it so it is a good feeling.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Turned out great!! How much height did the custom seat und up adding?
Thank you Doctor_Bunz I appreciate it, as I mentioned in previous posts it took longer than I would have liked but it was all worth it in the end.

The custom seat did not add much height at all, I kept it as narrow as possible in the front so my legs are straighter than with the stock seat and she feels a lot more nimble now. I also got rid of the stock exhaust which weighs "a ton" and a lot of other unnecessary parts off the bike, she actually feels A LOT LIGHTER and a lot more fun to ride. Had a blast this past weekend riding her and can't wait again for this weekend !

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Finally got to install a set of 4" handlebar risers on the Ol' Dez Sled and loving it ! It always felt like I was leaning a little too much forward and what a difference this makes, the ride is so much more confortable now, feels like a new bike ! ! !

Next step, a set of Hagon shocks and progressive springs out front and she'll be done !

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts