Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the Scram and I went out and enjoyed about 70 miles of asphalt under the weak November sun. Temps were in the mid 40's and I'm happily sipping a mug of hot tea back at home as I type this - trying to thaw out. It was a nice ride, with lots of fun twisties, and we finally cracked 6,000 miles today! Wasn't sure I was going to quite make it - I've been riding less and less as the temps turned cooler this fall...

And here's the same bike, 11 months ago, brand new:

It's been a good year!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Congrats man! Great year of riding. Here's to many more...
:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I cannot believe you found that cold - clear skies, bursting sun, dry roads - what more do you want?

Come to Scotland and mix that lovel weather with mist, driving rain, driving wind, leaves, sharp bends, potholes, uneven surfaces, damp surfaces, spray from trucks and greasy manhole covers.

In fact, perfect weather for a Scrambler.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
M700R: I'm not too far behind you. Bought the Scram last fall and logged in about 5800 miles to date. I'm not riding much this month (deer mating season) and will ride sparingly over the winter.
That red/white color looks good. I have a blue/white. I'm not real fond of the new color schemes.:nah:

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Try 12V outlet with heated vest and install heated grips ........ ahhhh .....you still get chilled, just not nearly as chilled. Congrats on the miles.

Bob

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"I cannot believe you found that cold - clear skies, bursting sun, dry roads - what more do you want?"

Sophiaspin - you're right - it was much nicer than some of the rides I went on early last year while we still had quite a bit of snow!

I think my little Scram has earned its keep on rough, muddy, roads in mediocre conditions. It's all been fun though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts