Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first full day with my new (to me) 2014 Street Triple R.
It's also my first day riding a bike built somewhere other than Japan, FWIW. This bike... it is so much fun.

Anyway, I noticed several times today that after I canceled the turn signal I'd look down 5 minutes later and find it still blinking. I could _swear_ I clicked it to cancel after the turn. Is there anything quirky about that switch? Do you click twice to cancel, or something?

Or, am I just having acid flashbacks again?

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice looking R. Welcome to the lightweight, flickable, torque-able side of bikes. And now you're addicted. :)

Turn signal? I dunno. Maybe you're not pushing it in the center? If you do slide it the other way far enough instead of canceling it'll just put the other side on.

I've never had an issue with mine. *shrug*

Could be that flashback for ya

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
I had sort of the same thing. I think it was because I wasn't pushing it exactly straight in. I "fixed" it by hitting it a couple times, whenever I want to cancel it. I also have a problem with forgetting to cancel it fairly often. That usually happens when waiting to turn left at a longer light. I've mostly "fixed" that issue by talking to myself as I make the turn. I just say "turn...signal" to remind myself to cancel it. Another strategy to avoid leaving them on is to hit the cancel button every time you check your mirrors.

None of that really helps, but I'm bored and felt like listening to myself type. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gotcha. I will switch to a better grade of acid and make sure I am centering the click. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something tricky at play, like with old Beamers. :)

I got lucky with this bike, the PO must have spent $2500 with Rizoma. It is dripping with Rizoma. Life is good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Napalm Beach, a little off topic but I noticed you had the Rizoma rearsets. How do you like them? I was thinking about getting them for my streety, but a little hesitant about dropping that kind cash without hearing from someone who had them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm probably not the best person to opine, as the bike is so new to me, I've never had anything but stock rear sets before, and I am a tame rider.

Even adjusted as low as possible they feel a bit higher than stock (not ideal for me, 6'1"), but the shifting action is super tight and positive. That part is pretty cool. Lots of adjustment potential which will be awesome for aggressive riding.

For me, personally, it wouldn't be worth the price but it may be for you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree I find the turn signal switch very sloppy and lacking in nice positive feedback compared to other (Japanese) bikes I've had. However it's a fairly minor gripe in an otherwise amazing bike. I also hit cancel about 2 or 3 times just out of habit now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Napalm, thanks for the reply. I was looking to get some jewlery for the girl, but the stock position is good for me. Rizoma does make some good looking stuff though.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My '14 street r had something similar. It would not deactivate the turn signal after pushing the switch. It felt like something physical internally was blocking it slightly. However, i noticed the problem went away the more i deactivated the signal. Maybe the plastic part wore down or something. Mine is fine now with 8000 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts