Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I've seen a number of threads regarding what it takes to wire up a SignalMinder in various configurations, but what I haven't seen is much in the way of anyone who has also done the mechanical modification to the switch itself.

SignalMinder includes some springs and foam inserts to enable the turn signal switch to reset itself when it returns to the middle or neutral position. It looks somewhat involved and the SignalMinder instructions are vague at best.

Any help from anyone who has actually done this mod would be most appreciated and I'd be interested to see if the mod has held up over time.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,599 Posts
I left my switch stock in case I want to go back to the stock flasher. So I can't help you there. But this may bump it back up to the top for a bit.

BTW, my Signal Minder acts up at times, takes too long to start blinking, starts 4-way flashing, and sometimes doesn't respond to the switch at all. I spend too much attention on checking to see if the blinkers are working correctly. I guess I'll have to test my connections but I may just take it all out, reinstall the stock flasher, and install a bright LED in the dash - or maybe run another one up my windscreen so I can't miss it.
I've also noticed that the stock flasher flashes the lights brighter.

I do like the 4-way flasher option, but it's useless in a running emergency such as a crash ahead or traffic suddenly stopping ahead because it takes so much switching to enable it!
Hope you get an answer,

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ruger,

Thanks for the reply. I got through the whole process in a few hours. Everything seems to be working properly, but I've yet to take the bike out on the road yet to see how everything works in real world riding conditions.

I was pretty anal about the connections and electrical taping, I went pretty nuts with the electrical tape! Hopefully I don't have to get at the SignalMinder ever again cause the whole thing is taped up under like a half a roll of electrical tape! I really secured everything down pretty well so hopefully I don't experience the issue you've described here. If all stays well, I really like the all the features I have enabled.

Thanks again for chiming in!

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts