Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2004 Daytona 955i and the previous owner installed flush mounts on the front and integrated brake and signal for the rear. They are not leds, but whenever I touch either front or back brake the lights blink faster. Any thoughts????

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Check your ground wires, and all connectors. Maybe run an additional ground wire directly to the battery.

The only thing the tail,brake, and turn signals have in common is the ground wiring.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I installed led turn signal lamps and replaced the relay with it as a kit. Without the new relay, the lamps flashed much faster.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Dogma,

In my Sprint wiring diagram, the brake circuitry is wired into the flasher unit - beats me why, though.

The rear brake light has three wires - one ground, one to the flasher via the brake levers and the last to the fuse box. I wonder if the previous owner reversed the flasher and ignition wires.

On the Sprint, the three wires from the brake light unit to its plug are black, red and blue. At the plug, black mates to black (ground), red to yellow and blue to GP (green/purple?). The yellow goes to the fuse box, GP to both the front and rear brake lever switches. The other lead from both brake lever switches (orange/green) goes to the flasher unit.

I hope this helps,
Bern

1 - 5 of 5 Posts