Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my right front turn signal was out, so i went to change the bulb. the bulb base was stuck (the glass globe came out in my hand when i tried to remove), so i had to gently remove the base with needle-nose pliers (used 2 pair so i could push the base in and turn to release). the replacement bulb didn't work either in the right front, so i removed the left front bulb that i knew definitely worked and placed it in the right front, but still didn't work. then, i went to put this bulb back in the left front, now NONE of them work...no hazards, no turnsignals, front or rear!! everything worked just fine before i attempted to change the left front. any idea what happened? i'm stumped!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have you checked the fuse? It's fuse number 2 (15A) and protects the alarm, the clock, the hazards and the indicators. I had problems with the left side indicators only working intermittently. I replaced both bulbs and have had no problems since.

Jeff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. yes, checked the fuse and it's fine. interestingly, my clock only works intermittantly and now that i think about it, my right front signal (which is the one that needed attention), would go out, then begin to work again, then go out, etc. prior to it's ultimate demise. maybe a wiring/grounding problem..?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The clock on my Trophy stops if the bike has not been used for a few weeks. It works fine when the engine is running but stops when the battery voltage drops a little. I think that it must be a dirty or corroded terminal and needs a good voltage to overcome the high resistance.

Jeff.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Do you have a volt meter? or test light? Did you check the relay?

Place you location in your profile, you might be close to someone who could help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check the male end of the quick connector for the turn signal. The pins in the male side try to push out the back when you push the two together. Take something sharp and push the pins in from the back (after you have put the two together) as far in as they will go. I had the same problem and that Is what I found. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks...can you elaborate on your last post? my bike is at the dealer (who is stumped as to what's wrong), so i can't go look at it to understand what you're describing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts