Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I've heard about it. Its supposed to get you about 150hp. There's also a model for the Rocket III that is supposed to get 200hp.

The cost (I priced it at about $3000) is kind of prohibitive since I only paid $3000 for the bike.

I think the link is:http://boostisgood.com but they don't show the Thunderbird/Legend version anymore.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always thought turbos caused lots of wear and tear on engines not engineered for them, at least in the automotive world. I know that small turbo diesels are supposedly the lifeblood of the delivery trucks in Europe, producing lots of power and decent mileage as well. Yamaha had (and has redesigned) the VMAX, which I think has a factory turbo built in. Aside from the potential of damage to an engine, I would be concerned about the suitability of using factory brakes and suspension with a turbocharged engine, as acceleration and torque might exceed the design parameters of the original chassis. Probably fun on a flat track, though, if you could hold on!

·
Registered
6 Posts
turbo Legend

Why would any one put ape hangers on any turbo motorcycle, that sure would make it exciting 3/4 of the way around a long sweeper?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
lol, I just purchased that bike. It is a little scary at 130 with those ape hangers. I am thinking about going back to stock bars. But it is very smooth, very responsive, and very fast. No smoke, no lag, and the turbo installation was done very professionally. A fun bike to replace the 99 Daytona that I had to sell a few months ago :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure yet. Just got it this week. Rode it twice, then put it in my shop to replace tires and a few other misc. parts. I haven't called the insurance company yet, but I doubt it will be anymore then a regular Legend. Especially since I will probably forget to mention the turbo :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts