Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn thats a lil too much...i am wanting to make some mods to my bike but i can not find a website with the type of mods i want. do you have any suggestions about a website?

·
Registered
20 Posts
fyi racecomp will no longer be making a turbo kit they are switching to a supercharger. They are also working on a big bore kit for the 955 and 1050 to take them to 1103 or 1150 and would replace pistons rods crank and cams giving huge power gains

·
Registered
178 Posts
fyi racecomp.... They are also working on a big bore kit for the 955 and 1050 to take them to 1103 or 1150 and would replace pistons rods crank and cams giving huge power gains
wow. nice to see some ongoing interest and development with the 955i...

however, personally, I just cannot fathom NEEDING more power than the stock powerplant now develops. I guess that's just a way of saying how much I like the Daytona 955i as supplied by the factory (at least power wise)....

the HP boost that I sometimes daydream about is going with a NOS bottle--- anyone with laughing gas experience on the Daytona?

but like I said--- I've just always been more than happy with the romp and stomp that Mr. Bloors provided.

MSL

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Years ago at Daytona for Bike week a company called Boost is Good ( I think thats it) out of Rapid City in South Dakota? put a turbo kit on a 99' Daytona and a Speed Triple. They were hella fast.

I called about a kit for my TT, unfortunately they didn't make one but could for nearly $5000. Alittle too rich for my blood so I had to pass.

Come to think of it the bikes were featured in a Torque magazine back then.
I'll see if I still have it and let you know.

Here they are.
http://www.boostisgood.com/start2

·
Registered
51 Posts
Steve from Racecomp is coming down to pick my bike up tonight, and have a look at a clutch issue i have, AND i will be speaking to him about the Rotax Supercharger, just a quick chat with him the other day, he,s saying it can be the ultimate sleeper,,,cant see much at all when looking at the bike and no fairing mods required,,,Nice...I,ll let you guys know what develops..

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's pretty cool to hear about the upcoming supercharger kit and big bore kits from Racecomp. I would definitely like to hear more details about these! Also, the one thing I would really like to see on the market is a pair of adjustable cam gears.

$5000 is about the standard price to put a turbo on just about any bike I thought. Sucks that it's that much, but you would probably spend that much or more if you tried to build a kit from scratch anyway.

Never ran nitrous on a bike, but I run it on my truck all the time. As long as it is setup properly, it is just as safe as any other power adder out there. It's a ton of fun, until the bottle runs out. This is the kit I was looking at if I were to put nitrous on my bike.
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/power_sports/60033P.htm

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I’m posting anyway!
I’m about to build a turbo 955 Speed triple to race on the salt at the bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials
I’m gonna make a thread for it
So keep an eye out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts