Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Been a while since I posted, but am struggling with a software issue on my Speed Four.

I recently took her out of the garage to give her a check over. All was well after I did a few things to freshen her up.

I did however make 1 mistake. I fired her up on fuel from last year, which it seems fouled the plugs and she was misfiring a bit. This of course put the engine light on and seems to have set the throttle position sensor to a maximum of 60%.

I have changed the plugs (and fuel!), and used tuneECU to remove the error code and reset the TPS.

The bike is running fine again, but I noticed it was lacking in top end power, so I hooked up TuneECU again and found the TPS is still only going to 60%. This is why it feels less frantic at higher revs no doubt. It's restricted, or in limp mode.

I remember seeing something about the procedure to set the throttle position sensor back to normal, but cannot find the instructions anywhere. Just clicking reset TPS in TuneECU doesn't work. It still maxes out at 60%.

Anyone know the procedure or know where I might find instructions to do this? Many thanks. :smile2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the response. This is what I did already though. I just tried it again and it still maxes out at 60%.. (I think it said 3.25v or something similar)
I'm at a loss, the only time you notice it is when you are at higher throttle settings/engine speeds, it just feels weaker at the top end than it used to. It only happened after the spark plug issue, so I'm sure the ECU has cut the fuelling, just have no idea how to get it back to 100% (that's if it ever did go to 100%, I don't know that for sure).

Anyone else got any ideas?

Oh, and the vacuum lines seem fine too..

·
Super Moderator
22,196 Posts
... I just tried it again and it still maxes out at 60%..
That would be normal in the diag screen (not familiar with the Speed 4 exact number but it would not be 100) - The indication in the Diag page is % of applied voltage, not % open

What you can do is open the map edit screen - look at the TPS axis on the Fuel Table and open throttle (engine not running) - you will see the highlight on the axis move and SHOULD go to 100%.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts