Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Bonneville.

I read on TuneBoy that everything pre 2012 is a Keihin. I guess I misinterpreted "Up to 2012". Give me a break guys it works both ways.

Using TuneECU I selected a Sagem ECU and uploaded a Keihin map (20444) ... successfully I might add. This done through my phone with a fancy cable ($30 on Amazon).

What kind of damage have I done and how do I fix it.

Bike runs great. Definitely a lot more responsive, but this still worries me... a lot. I didn't do the 20 minute calibration period as I read the ECU will calibrate it's self.

Thanks in advance. It's these kinds of questions that bring us here in the first place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When downloading the newer map for my 2-in-1 exhaust through TuneECU - essentially retracing my steps - I noticed the app would automatically default to Keihin. So I'm pretty sure... now at least... that Keihin was actually selected.

Honestly, I tried to delete this post but couldn't figure it out.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
When downloading the newer map for my 2-in-1 exhaust through TuneECU - essentially retracing my steps - I noticed the app would automatically default to Keihin. So I'm pretty sure... now at least... that Keihin was actually selected.

Honestly, I tried to delete this post but couldn't figure it out.
I was going to say that I'd be surprised if it would of let you connect and download if you've selected the wrong type of ECU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts