Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick couple of questions

1. Is it safe to upload a map to bike via tuneecu android version?

2. Android will connect but laptop won't? I've tried to install drivers via Internet and via offline method by downloading drivers and install manually. Followed instuctions both times and still not connect.

Windows 7 premium, lonelec lead and more than capable laptop. Fresh install of O/S and tuneecu. Just will not connect. (Android version connect first time)

Obviously it's something stupid I'm missing any ideas?

·
Registered
2000 Speed Triple 955i
1,081 Posts
As long as your battery is charged and you follow the correct procedure I can't see it being a problem uploading a tune from the android app. I haven't done it mind, but I can't see there being a problem.

I can't help you on #2 but you might want to post in the ECM and FI tuning section as people over there might have a better idea :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did today and it worked fine....eventually, make sure you've got plenty of battery it takes time, especially your first go. after having a download fail @ 50% from low voltage I wound up jumping my car battery to the bike, then things went smoothly, the only other issue is my phone (Samsung S3) wouldn't unzip the map file, I wound up downloading and unzipping in a windows pc then transferred the file to the phone and then into tuneECU, if you crash during download tuneECU has a ECU recovery routine that kicks in after connection fails, other wise it would be very ugly, no communication/no start... I know >:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts