Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use the old version of TuneECU for windows?
I am running it on a windows 10 laptop but I can't get it to communicate with my ELM327 OBD2 USB device because it can't open Com 3 serial port.
Tried several Serial-USB drivers but no luck.
I also purchased a bluetooth ELM327 and the android version of TuneECU.
I thought this would work on an android emulator on Windows (I am totally mac apart from the widows laptop), but emulators cannot see bluetooth.
So the choice is to persevere with the old windows version or purchase a cheap android tablet to use my bluetooth OBD2.
Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome - (trying to connect to my Tiger 800 XRX).

·
Registered
172 Posts
I use TuneECU with a Windows 10 laptop. However, looking at the bike list your bike is bluetooth only.

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish you might be able to use TigerTool. It is free, other than the adapter, and does a lot things. I have used it a number of times.
Login

Good listing of adapters that work.
Login

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
As noted above, you need bluetooth with the Android version to connect. TuneEcu recommends an Obdlink LX adapter. Don’t be surprised if your ELM327 doesn’t work.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Have you looked at Tigertool on the tiger800 forum?

I've used Android TuneECU on a phone and a tablet, on both a gen 2 Tiger 800 XRx and a T120.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Windows will have renewed to the latest driver which is no use , you need to manually install older driver and not let Windows update automatically

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Older drivers are found on the internet but you need one like this , Buy DealerTool , or google prolific usb to serial comm port.
Go to Device manager with your reader plugged in, scroll down to ports and you should read
prolific usb-to-serial comm port(com*)

*= port number

Right click properties , driver version should be 3.3.11.152 date 12/03/2010 , if not uninstall device and install old driver and restart.
It’s a pain but patience pays off.
Now go to

How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10
Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
Make your way to System and Security.
Click System.
Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
Select the Hardware tab.
Press the Device Installation Settings button.
Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use TuneECU with a Windows 10 laptop. However, looking at the bike list your bike is bluetooth only.

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish you might be able to use TigerTool. It is free, other than the adapter, and does a lot things. I have used it a number of times.
Login

Good listing of adapters that work.
Login
Thanks a lot I'll give Tigertool a go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Older drivers are found on the internet but you need one like this , Buy DealerTool , or google prolific usb to serial comm port.
Go to Device manager with your reader plugged in, scroll down to ports and you should read
prolific usb-to-serial comm port(com*)

*= port number

Right click properties , driver version should be 3.3.11.152 date 12/03/2010 , if not uninstall device and install old driver and restart.
It’s a pain but patience pays off.
Now go to

How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10
Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
Make your way to System and Security.
Click System.
Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
Select the Hardware tab.
Press the Device Installation Settings button.
Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

Thanks for the advice. I will try this. I will do a search for the 3.3.11.152 driver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts