Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys I am having trouble oping .hex files with the tune ecu? Just installed tuneecu but cannot open .hex file downloads from the tueecu website! Any help. Street Triple 2013 with ABS:

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
ok that makes sense.

Now I have a PC3 in my 13 Street with a custom map. Is the idle still controlled by the ECU? I.e if I modify it with the tuneecu it will change?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Are You sure its a PC 3 because normaly it should be a PCV on the street '13 . Or am I wrong here? I can't find the street 13 on the list of PC3....

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
ok that makes sense.

Now I have a PC3 in my 13 Street with a custom map. Is the idle still controlled by the ECU? I.e if I modify it with the tuneecu it will change?
The PC doesn’t affect it unless the PC map has trims in the idle rpm range. Otherwise, assuming you can write maps on your model (see the bikes list on tuneecu.net or tuneecu.boards.net), you should be able to change the idle in one of the maps available for your bike using tuneecu and download it to the ecu. The problem is you can’t upload the map in the ecu to modify it. Unless you know which map is in the ecu, you could wind up downloading a different map than the one underlying your pc3 tune. You don’t want to do this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ok first dynosheet: the blue line is a thrux without mods ; green line is mine with original muffers, teccam, tec xpipe, BMC airfilter and PCV ( but the mapping is an unmodified mapping from PC site 21-020_503) and the red line is one with the stage 4 kit from https://www.classicbike-raisch.de, Arrow race(decat) headers and V&H slipon's without DBkillers(us version)Valueresults at the crankshaft!!
So I went to an other tuner. He told me it was better to install aftermarket slipon's and I did, https://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/thruxton-1200-exhausts--weslake-shorty-pro-slip-on-stainless-steel-liquid-cooled-17on-44571-p.asp
This results You see at the 2nd image , blue line with db, red line without, Rearwheelresults!! And mapped for slipon's with DBkillers installed.
Thanks for sharing. Your dyno figures in the second picture are consistent with my results. Where mine and yours differ is peak torque and my power curve. Mine doesnt plateau at 6600... mine actually keeps going until 7500 and would keep gping if the rev limiter was higher . Mine isnt the tec cam.. just thought it was interesting observation

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Your dyno figures in the second picture are consistent with my results. Where mine and yours differ is peak torque and my power curve. Mine doesnt plateau at 6600... mine actually keeps going until 7500 and would keep gping if the rev limiter was higher . Mine isnt the tec cam.. just thought it was interesting observation

Glad to see those(normal, realistic) results , not to far from mines. You've got a lot of torque in the mid range...so You're bike configuration is a litte bit different from mine I supose. But strange the torque s dropping so fast…. I still have to remove the snorkel and going to use Tune ecu so i can remove the PCV and make some changes for the higher revs. Want to reuse the O2 sensor for the closed loop. I find the bike acting strange when could( below 15 degrees), and think its due to the resistors(O2 removal)After its warm, few miles , the problem is gone. To be sure I'm going to reinstall the 02 sensors and try it out...Thx for sharing You're dyno too,

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah im not.to sure about the torque drop off. I feel maybe i need to redo my inlet manifold. As the engine just cant get anymore air in? Could also be exgeratted on that graph with the scale and increments it goes up in . The range is only from 118nm down to 95nm
Maybe timing needs to be advanced more?
Maybe because my header pipes are longer than stock?
Im not a mechanic so i welcone any feedback.
Mid range is where i wanted the torque because its a street bike i felt thats where it should be.
This bike is far from complete and will explore more when i supercharge it

There are alot of bogus figures out there. I can tell you right now anyone claiming 100hp without cam work is dreaming. (Let the **** storm begin)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah im not.to sure about the torque drop off. I feel maybe i need to redo my inlet manifold. As the engine just cant get anymore air in? Could also be exgeratted on that graph with the scale and increments it goes up in . The range is only from 118nm down to 95nm
Maybe timing needs to be advanced more?
Maybe because my header pipes are longer than stock?
Im not a mechanic so i welcone any feedback.
Mid range is where i wanted the torque because its a street bike i felt thats where it should be.
This bike is far from complete and will explore more when i supercharge it

There are alot of bogus figures out there. I can tell you right now anyone claiming 100hp without cam work is dreaming. (Let the **** storm begin)

I'm alsonot a motorcyclemchanic, but verry curious :) I 've noticed the graphscale yes. Did You used the a PCV? Could send you my mappings in a PM to compare, but using different exhausts allready makes changes, mine are the weslake shorty with db-killers so torque but less high-end power I think. And those dreamfigures are going to be blown away using a supercharger :cool:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ive used a PCV and tune ecu .
My exhaust is a custom 2-1 with a cone engineering slip on . Im happy to send you my map.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hey guys, sorry for the noobish question, but are there any maps with benefits for a bike with only a decat? No PCV or any other mods.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Hey guys, sorry for the noobish question, but are there any maps with benefits for a bike with only a decat? No PCV or any other mods.
Hi Hybrid.. you can download the OEM map from Tune Ecu, and then push the rev limiter all the way to 7800rpm, and also change the throttle choke at 80% from 1400 to 1654 on ev1, 2, and three tables allowing you to regain wide open throttle up the top end again...you can try and advance the timing for more power as well.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hi Hybrid.. you can download the OEM map from Tune Ecu, and then push the rev limiter all the way to 7800rpm, and also change the throttle choke at 80% from 1400 to 1654 on ev1, 2, and three tables allowing you to regain wide open throttle up the top end again...you can try and advance the timing for more power as well.
Thanks for the reply, Dave.

Im curious as to what the benefit of increasing the rev limiter would be. Would that spread the power/torque further out through the rev range or just provide me with more ’empty’ revs?

I definitely won’t be messing with timing. Way out of my league.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dave

wha is throttle choke ?

also- on a 2019 speed twin with decat, baffles out of VH pipes what you think its running ?

questions- if a new map-- would you still use o2 sensors ? and dont they lean it out of richer anyway
or would a new map allow the o2 sensors to stay but still map it a little richer in that zone and upper throttle too ?

I think most folks that remove cat, add high flow air filter, maybe pipes or baffles just need good map to keep it from being too lean and remove any jerkiness. I dont think most folks need that super wide open extra at top. And they want decent mileage and not to make it a racer and hurt reliability-- just a slight street tune improvement.

thoughts and tips on tuning the 1200 ECU appreciated-- you seem to have solid knowledge on this

61 - 80 of 90 Posts