Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

361 - 371 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had a similar problem a year or so ago. My old Android had a micro USB port, and my new one had a USB C port. So I got a micro to C adapter, which I connected to the micro to USB adapter I already had at the end of the cable. It worked for a bit then didn't. It asked for Bluetooth or didn't recognize that it was connected. The solution was to get a single adapter USB to USB C.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I had a similar problem a year or so ago. My old Android had a micro USB port, and my new one had a USB C port. So I got a micro to C adapter, which I connected to the micro to USB adapter I already had at the end of the cable. It worked for a bit then didn't. It asked for Bluetooth or didn't recognize that it was connected. The solution was to get a single adapter USB to USB C.

Thanks. But I already have usb to usb C connector between phone and obdii cable.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry I wasn't more help. Beyond the obvious (delete then look at internal and external storage and delete any related data files, then reinstall) I don't have any other suggestions. However, the person who wrote the app was very responsive when I had an issue. So you may want to contact him through the website.

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
Sorry I wasn't more help. Beyond the obvious (delete then look at internal and external storage and delete any related data files, then reinstall) I don't have any other suggestions. However, the person who wrote the app was very responsive when I had an issue. So you may want to contact him through the website.

I'll do that. Additionally, I'm thinking maybe some kind of phone security setting has changed since last use. Could be preventing app from USB connection access.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
computer tuning can be a PITA for average guys, microsoft downloads always changing + causing issues + the need to buy newer different phones + use costly plans, because they always want more profits!!! FI surely has advantages but toooo much other garbage as bikes are getting as complicated as todays cars

·
Registered
174 Posts
computer tuning can be a PITA for average guys, microsoft downloads always changing + causing issues + the need to buy newer different phones + use costly plans, because they always want more profits!!! FI surely has advantages but toooo much other garbage as bikes are getting as complicated as todays cars
Sure, I completely see how playing with electronics are getting more complex as we develop more complex software that makes our bikes run. I was just talking to someone (who doesn’t know about bikes) about carbureted bikes. I was telling him how I was able to connect my computer and download a new tune onto it. My last bike was a 1993 Trident 900 so that was a carby. He was asking me if there is any benefit of the old system. Other than the fact that someone could completely take apart, clean and jet carbs, I can’t see any performance advantages. Would I be correct in saying that? If we’re talking about getting the most smooth power out of an engine in varying circumstances, wouldn’t FI be the best way to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks a lot for the guide you shared. I really find it helpful. Would you care about giving some online classes? Of course, not for free. I am ready to pay for your time and skills. Maybe some other people will like the idea too. Where are you from? I am from Illinois, have a peek here. Sorry, if my idea is crazy. It is just a suggestion, so please ignore it if you are not interested.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi guys,
Is it normal for the red OBD and the yellow Host lights on a OBDlink MX+
to both blink on and off very,very fast when paired with android device, tuneecu connected and ignition on ? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes it is normal.
Hi guys,
Is it normal for the red OBD and the yellow Host lights on a OBDlink MX+
to both blink on and off very,very fast when paired with android device, tuneecu connected and ignition on ? Thanks for any help.
Yes it is normal.

·
Registered
1200XE and Thunderbird Storm
281 Posts

I have a tablet dedicated to TuneECU (and other OBDII software) and I don't let it update. They're cheap enough - why not!

361 - 371 of 371 Posts