Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

So I'm having trouble getting TuneECU to get a response from the ECU. I'm using the Window 10 FTDI 2.12.06 drivers from here http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm. Tune ECU 2.5.5 from here http://tuneecu.com/TuneECU_En/links.html. Different variations of removing the 5 + 10 amp fuses for the front and rear lights with kill switch enabled / disabled and the ignition on. The battery is fully charged. Laptop is on mains power. The cable's green light is on. It's a Lonelec cable and I've confirmed it is using the correct driver in Device Manager. Firewall and Antivirus was off also.

When attempting to connect the red flashing thing on TuneECU flashes in groups with pauses and after about 20 seconds or so reports that the ECU is not responding each time.

Anyone have any ideas of what I might be missing?

Cheers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
well....I had the same problem, installed all of the drivers from that site, and in device manager everything was good , but when I connect the bike it will say like bad connection or something, anyways, I just uninstalled all drivers from the cable and tune ecu and started a fresh install of everything, but drivers for the lonelec cable were installed automatically when connected to the computer ( not from the site )

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
With TuneECU.exe running & the USB end of the lonelec cable connected to the same USB outlet on the laptop : on the Map Edit screen, under Options: is the check mark visible under Options-Interface> USB> FT232R USB UART ?

If the checkmark currently appears against Interface> Serial COM4. Try changing that checkmark so as to go against Options-Interface> USB > FT232R USB UART. Then plug the OBDII cable end into the bike and turn on the ignition. (kill switch disengaged). Hopefully the little flashing rectangle on bottom right of screen will then go from red to orange to green.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here is my problem when it will not connect....... If I start Tune ECU program and then hook up the cable, it will never connect to ecu. I then just close the program and reopen it and it always connects then. For some reason I always start the program and then plug the cable in

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple more things I could try then. I did have the FT232R USB UART interface checked. I even tried Safe Mode. Anyway I tried using the Android app which worked first time. Got my O2 sensors off now.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
You should always start TuneEcu LAST.

·
Registered
10 Posts
With TuneECU.exe running & the USB end of the lonelec cable connected to the same USB outlet on the laptop : on the Map Edit screen, under Options: is the check mark visible under Options-Interface> USB> FT232R USB UART ?

If the checkmark currently appears against Interface> Serial COM4. Try changing that checkmark so as to go against Options-Interface> USB > FT232R USB UART. Then plug the OBDII cable end into the bike and turn on the ignition. (kill switch disengaged). Hopefully the little flashing rectangle on bottom right of screen will then go from red to orange to green.
Same troubles here...The kill switch disengaged - meaning the bike is set to run yes?

Only once has the thing moved to Interface>USB. I reinstalled drivers, didnt switch off the VCP and now its only INterface> Serial COM3 or COM4 as options.

Please help!

·
Vendor
2,335 Posts
If you plugged in the cable to a USB port before the drivers were installed, Windows will have installed a useless driver and the cable may not work. Uninstall the driver that Windows installed and start again without the cable plugged in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Turn off any and all power saving on your laptop.
Click your battery/plug icon in the lower right and change the power slider to "best performance".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts