Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

861 - 879 of 879 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently got a 2001 tt600...which will was a steal since I traded a 78 hondamatic for it, I originally paid $165 for the hondamatic. I read the "dummies how to" guide for ECU/Tune..thie bike has 11k, it is going in the shop for a 12k in the next couple of days..my question is: would downloading a new map for the 2001 tt600 make a significant difference in performance? any input would be GREATLY appreciated!! BTW-the hondamatic was a bobber/cafe, but it sucked donkey d***!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello,
i just purchsed a Two Brothers exhaust for my Sprint 1050 , and on deceleration pops like hell. ITS very very loud. So if i disable with Tune ECU , the SAI , do I have to physically remove the SAI ? Or can i install a tune ecu map without SAI and CAT ?

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Hello,
i just purchsed a Two Brothers exhaust for my Sprint 1050 , and on deceleration pops like hell. ITS very very loud. So if i disable with Tune ECU , the SAI , do I have to physically remove the SAI ? Or can i install a tune ecu map without SAI and CAT ?
Disabling the AI with the software only cancels the Check light that would result if the solenoid was removed. The system would continue to operate as normal.

Try this simple method first to see if it improves things and if so you can plan on complete AI removal later:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-technical-talk/165741-ridiculously-easy-ai-disabling.html

·
Registered
68 Posts
Disabling the AI with the software only cancels the Check light that would result if the solenoid was removed. The system would continue to operate as normal.

Try this simple method first to see if it improves things and if so you can plan on complete AI removal later:

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-technical-talk/165741-ridiculously-easy-ai-disabling.html
Thank you. Cheapest way. A big ball bearing in the tube . i read about benefits , but i am interested if it will be a drop in mpg autonomy ?

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Thank you. Cheapest way. A big ball bearing in the tube . i read about benefits , but i am interested if it will be a drop in mpg autonomy ?
It shouldn't make any difference. All the thing does is to allow a few breaths of fresh air into the exhaust at certain times, like at idle and deceleration. This extra oxygen allows any unburned gases in there to burn and gets rid of carbon monoxide and other hydrocarbons.

This generates a much higher temperature in the exhaust system which in turn makes the oxidation catalyser fitted inside the silencer work better, reducing pollution levels further.

·
Super Moderator
4,723 Posts
As I understand it disabling SAI turns off the solenoid valve which then leaves it in it's normally open position.

As for fuel economy it makes a tiny bit of difference only if you are running a map that was created in the last 3 or 4 years. At steady state cruising i.e. highway riding Triumph runs the SAI open constantly. What they discovered was that under this situation they were able to reduce the amount of intake air volume and by reducing the intake volume they found that the exhaust gases were coming out richer so they could then lean out the mixture. So on the later maps they run a slightly leaner mixture on steady state cruising but only after the bike has been in that condition for good deal of time.

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
As I understand it disabling SAI turns off the solenoid valve which then leaves it in it's normally open position.
On the Bonnies at least, disabling in the software doesn't remove power from the solenoid. Neither does it stop the ECU sending the normal ON/OFF signals to it.

It's only when the solenoid is disconnected physically from the wiring loom that the air valve remains open.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am gathering the courage to remap my 2013 Speedmaster and have this question. Can the stock map be read out to the edit page in tune ecu and then the values be altered on the map page, and after that be DL back to the ecu?

What I'm asking is, is the stock map propietary, or must I DL a map from the Tuneecu site and alter that one?

·
Registered
178 Posts
As far as I know you can use the "original" downloaded with TuneEdit(c), as is a .dat file. With Tuneboy you have to download from the web page in a .hex format.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am gathering the courage to remap my 2013 Speedmaster and have this question. Can the stock map be read out to the edit page in tune ecu and then the values be altered on the map page, and after that be DL back to the ecu?

What I'm asking is, is the stock map propietary, or must I DL a map from the Tuneecu site and alter that one?
Yes, you can download the map from the bike, edit it, and load the modified tune back into the bike. You do not have to use a tune from the TuneECU site. It's a good idea to back up your original tune though, and don't forget to save your changes to the HDD. Also, downloading the tune from the bike will take 20 minutes or more, so be sure to remove headlight fuses and hook up a battery charger.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Everything went ok on my first try. Check out this 2012 America owners results customizing his ECU map on youtube.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just did the Tune ECU on my 2005 Daytona 650. I did the Reset Adaption and started the engine and got the green TPS light, but after a couple of minutes the program stops and then my computer won't recognize the cable or the program. Am I doing something wrong or is my computer not up to snuff? Without the bike running the program does great, it just is after I fire the bike up it quits running the program.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok, I found that I had to load the cable drivers twice, once for the cable and then again for the com port. Look in your device manager and find that com port. Be sure there is no red (!) beside it. It needs the same drivers loaded that you used for the cable.

861 - 879 of 879 Posts