Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having trouble getting TuneECU to connect.

My setup:
sprint 955i ST 2000, sagem 1000 ecu. vin 98928
windows 10 running in Bootcamp on a 2016 64k macbook
lonelec cable with FTDI drivers downloaded from their site (have also tried a cable from triumph twin power so im sure issue is not the cable)
TE version 2.5.8
have reloaded drivers several times, Windows reports FTDI version 2.12.6.0 is loaded now
battery fully charged and on tender, fuse 9 removed, igntiton and kill switch on.

when I try to connect I usually see a red blinking light then I get a "could not connect" message saying turn ignition on and off. sometimes it connects and I get a weak flickering green light and see my VIN number etc. However, I have never been able to read the map.

Given the intermittent symptoms it feels like a bad connection or low voltage. I tried cleaning the two connecters to the ecu and the obd.

I also tried the Android version of TE but could not get that to work either. Hence I assume the problem is at my bike side.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a follow up to the above and after reading another post on here, I checked the voltage at pin 16 on my obd2 output cable from the bike and it read 6-8V (between pin 16 and negative terminal of battery). Battery is reading 13.2V across the terminals. Does that suggest a bad connection somewhere? any idea where that might be - obd cable disappears into the loom and I struggle with wiring diagrams ...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hope you figured out your problem - seeing you posted this a month ago. I am having a similar issue but I used to be able to connect ok and last few times it is getting harder and harder to connect. I will check my voltage at pin 16 and see what it reads. I also read 13v at the battery using a car battery booster. Checked: Pin 4 to 16 was 12.9v ignition off, 11.8v w/ignition on headlight fuse in, 12.25v w/ignition on fuse pulled.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The USB to serial drivers are finicky and running in Bootcamp isn't going to help. Try borrowing a Windows laptop. You're getting sidetracked checking those voltages.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my problem was the low voltage at pin 16. I traced it to corrosion in the large multi connector under the tank. once i fixed that tuneECU connected fine - even with Bootcamp

·
Registered
181 Posts
Congrats on the fix. For my TT600 I modified 15 generations of the last released factory map before settling on a map that was good but not perfect. Eventually I stumbled across some TuneECU techniques I wasn't aware of and the second generation map made with those techniques is better than a map I worked on for two years! Before, I was adjusting fuel values by eye in the spreadsheet type area. The new technique allows you to visually see the curves and smooth them out with mouse drags. The same technique can be used to adjust the timing curves for the TT's famous 3 - 4k flat spot. I hadn't even known that was possible. Note that your bike and the 2000 TT both use the Sagem 1000. Take a look -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts