Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I've installed tuneECU from Google Play on my Samsung S20 and connected via the Lonetec cable, no problem. Test/adjust and info works fine, however when I touch the 3 dots Parameters is greyed out.

Any ideas how I can unlock it ?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Bit difficult to make a suggestion when no bike is mentioned but ultimately you may have to go down the Blue tooth connection route.
The TuneECU site lists all the bikes it’s suitable for and what connection is required for functionality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response Kinjane.
2011 Bonnie SE. Maplist says can only be remapped via cable. Further reading suggests I should also have a "read map" tab which I can not see.

Downloaded a map from the list and extended the .hex file but can't open it in the app. Any ideas what file extension does the app need and where to find them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Triumph_Twin_OEM_Tune_list. should get you there; choose from T_Twin_Maps's or T_Twin_Custom_Map's. Ensure you get the correct map, either analogue odometer or LCD. The map needs to be accessible, ie on the ‘desktop’ not buried in a folder within a folder and also needs to be unzipped to be read by the software.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Thanks for your response Kinjane.

2011 Bonnie SE. Maplist says can only be remapped via cable. Further reading suggests I should also have a "read map" tab which I can not see.

Downloaded a map from the list and extended the .hex file but can't open it in the app. Any ideas what file extension does the app need and where to find them.
I can only guess it's a cable or USB adaptor problem, I know with the wrong Bluetooth adaptor you can have test and adjustments functioning but no programming capability so I presume the same could happen with an incompatible cable/adaptor, maybe just double check your hardware against the list.

Your map file is already in the correct format .hex, you should just be able to browse in tune ECU to the folder containing the map, in my experience it doesn't matter where the file is saved, I just leave them in separate folders in the default "downloaded" folder, works fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again Kinjane and CafRacer for your input

So I have an answer which will hopefully help others. To access the map page which allows read installed map and open downloaded maps (.hex files) on your device swipe right. To access settings page swipe left. There are no arrows or indications that swipes are reqired to access pages. Many discussions mention the need to access these pages but none mention the need to swipe. I may be showing my age here but felt it worth mentioning.

Parameters are only accessable offline to select what you view online.

Forgive my digital ignorance but I am over 50 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
That explains it then, I assumed you were already on the correct screen :p
You're not on your own, I'm not a big fan of Android and touchscreen devices, feel much happier on an old school PC with a proper keyboard and mouse.

Reactions: Ausrider

·
Registered
534 Posts
You’ll also need to have your open map visible on the screen when transferring it onto the ECU.

Reactions: Ausrider

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again for your help guys. I've successfully read the map in my bike saved it and download alternatives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts