Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I recently got my first bike, a 2009 Bonneville SE, and immediately set about making it my own. I've installed the TEC cafe 2-1 exhaust and want to remap to the appropriate arrow 2-1 map using TuneECU and my windows machine, along with the usb cable from Lonelec. BUT, it seems the Windows version of TuneECU is no longer available for download. I must have searched for an hour. No dice.

I realize that tuneECU stopped supporting the windows version, but I figure it should work for my purposes since I have an older bike, and I don't have an android device. I'm hoping someone can point me to a link that still supports download of the windows 2.5.8 executable, or, if someone has it sitting on their hard drive, maybe you could send it to me?

Happy to be here- Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi doublehelix, yep the windows version is now no longer support , but I and many others still use it.
Make sure you thoroughly read all the documentation.
Especially the parts about Drivers.
Windowz will put its own Drivers in for the obdc cable and nothing will work .
You need to read up and get the correct drivers and force them in - Windows will not make this easy for you.
Have Fun.. Jon
P.S. when you have it working FIRST job - make a backup / copy of your existing Map... and save it ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
And wouldn't you know it, right after I posted this I found it. In case this helps someone else, here's the link:
Haha I searched for hours last night to try and find the download link too! I hope it works for you, my cable is being weird, it seems like the recommended drivers don't work compared as EcuTune throws an error immediately with the FTDI drivers compared to the ones Windows 10 wants to use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again in the interest of helping others who are in the same situation, here's my experience with tuneecu, a harrowing tale full of suspense and expletives:

I'm using a Mac with virtual box. Once I found the download link (see my earlier post above; at present the link doesn't actually appear on the tunECU website), installed the software on my windows 10 partition and downloaded the map I wanted to use.

My Mac has usb-c ports. The lonelec cable I'm using is the old standard usb size, and although lonelec ships a usb-c adapter, it didn't work for me. So I used a usb-c hub that I have, with multiple different connectors (this is important info for later...). I was able to connect to the bike and read the current map. So, super excited, I began to download the map onto the bike. And about 10% of the way in, it failed.

And my bike wouldn't start.
Swearing, I spent about an hour trying to reconnect. Each time, I would get a timeout. Or I would click "recovery mode" when the tuneecu program prompted me....which like before would run for a few minutes, and then timeout. More swearing. Went to bed angry.

Next morning, figuring that this whole windows virtual box thing was the problem, I next tried installing the android emulator Bluestacks. I purchased the supported android version of tuneECU from the google play store, spent a while trying to figure out how to load maps in an android environment, which I wasn't at all used to. Figured it out, and went back out to the garage, only to realize that Bluestacks wasn't allowing me to use my usb cable. TunECU seemed to only expect a bluetooth connection. And I had bought the usb cable. So. More swearing.

Found an older PC laptop in my house. Wife couldn't remember password. More swearing.

Then a tiny lightbulb begins to glow in my idiot brain.... PERHAPS, just perhaps, it could be that the usb-c adapter I'm using, with all its extra ports, isn't able to provide the power needed by the chunky lonelec cable.

I went back to my Mac, fired up tuneecu via virtualbox, and connected the lonelec cable via a different usb-c adapter, one made by Apple. SUCCESS. Recovery mode worked. Loaded the new map I wanted, and suddenly I hear the wonderful honk/squeak of the fuel pump. Jubilant swearing.

SO, the point: tuneecu for windows DOES work via virtual box on a Mac, but if you experience dropped connections, make sure you use a quality usb-c adapter. I read several posts where people blamed the cable itself, but I wonder if the real issue was a usb adapter. The one I used is the Apple one that has a usb-c male plug, and then on the hub, it has female inputs for vga, usb-c and a "classic usb". I had my power cord plugged into the female usb-c input. Not sure if that mattered, but just in case, that was my exact setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I must have blinked and missed it!! That link is dead now. Is there any chance that it could be shared please?
Thanks
Hi Justatechman,
Yes looks like the link is down (or maybe no longer being supported now the mobile app is mature).
I have hosted the copy I downloaded on my OneDrive, you sould be able to download it from the link below:

I flashed one of the later Triumph tunes to suit the Arrow pipe on my Speed Triple last weekend and it made a noticeable difference, only slight changes to the map compared to some of the custome tunes so I'm curious to see what those ones are like.

Regards,
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Justatechman,
Yes looks like the link is down (or maybe no longer being supported now the mobile app is mature).
I have hosted the copy I downloaded on my OneDrive, you sould be able to download it from the link below:

I flashed one of the later Triumph tunes to suit the Arrow pipe on my Speed Triple last weekend and it made a noticeable difference, only slight changes to the map compared to some of the custome tunes so I'm curious to see what those ones are like.

Regards,
Dave
Hi Speedy_Dave,
i know it might sound annoying but i have been looking for this version of tuneecu for a long time.
Could you get re-up please? I would be infinitely grateful ...

Cheers
Esa

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Speedy_Dave,
i know it might sound annoying but i have been looking for this version of tuneecu for a long time.
Could you get re-up please? I would be infinitely grateful ...

Cheers
Esa
Hi Esa, I'm not sure what went wrong with the previous link but here is another which should let you download the TuneEcu zip file from my Onedrive:
TuneEcu
Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Esa, I'm not sure what went wrong with the previous link but here is another which should let you download the TuneEcu zip file from my Onedrive:
TuneEcu
Dave
Just echoing thanks for this again, it is now forever archived on my OneDrive now too. As someone just trying to keep an old TT600 on the road, super annoying they nuked the Windows tool link. I don't own an Android, don't want to and don't want to emulate one :p

Okay old man is done waving his cane :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts