Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2003 TT600 which I have stuck a race can on, so thought I would buy a Tuneboy rather than PCIII. Have many of you used the Tuneboy, are they easy to use andd re there any top tips for it. I'm hoping to take delivery of it next week.
Many Thanks.
Jimbo.

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
It is the greatest thing since sliced bread. It allows all kinds of changes to timing and fuel mapping. It doesn't come with any specific maps, but there are a lot of people around here who have been messing with it for a long time. The first thing I would do is take a look at the timing map, and fill in the "hole" around 4K rpm. Once you take a look, you will know what I'm saying. You can look at the maps in graph form by typing "g" while you are looking at the matrix version of the map. The graph disappears when you type "g" again. Sometimes, it turns around and you see it backwards, but if you refresh it by closing the graph and opening it again it will eventually turn to a different orientation. It's another thing which may not make sense reading about it here, but once you start messing with it, it will make sense.

One last thing. Download the stock maps from Wayne's website and don't be shy about messing with things. If you don't like something or it doesn't work right, you can always reload a stock map or a previous map you liked better. Save lots of maps so you can reload things if you liked them better.

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
I second Will. Tuneboy is a spectacular program that I wish all computer controlled objects had. You can tweak and tweak on the program until you are comfortable with the performance/fuel consumption.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for the info, I had read a few other threads about the Tuneboy and they certainly seem to be the business. They seem to be more popular your side of the Atlantic, nobody really seemed to have heard of them over here and all went for the PCIII instead, but I like the idea of connecting my laptop up and being able to do everything myself rather than paying dealers to remap the bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey all, hope you are all well and looking forward to Christmas, luckily for me Santa has now delivered my Tuneboy just before Christmas. I have just tried it out, its great fun haha. What is the best tune for a late maodel TT with a triumph race can, I have loaded the 10091, although it is for an earlier VIN number but there is no tune for the late VIN with aftermarket exhaust. Has anyone any tips please.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
10166 is a great starting point for modifying a map. Your best results are going to come from taking a map and adjusting the timing and fuel trim to where your setup runs the best. I've yet to find a factory map that impresses me, which is why modification is needed. If you don't wish to modify maps, I would recommend loading each of the TT600 maps until you find the one you like.

If you do wish to modify the maps, be careful not to make huge adjustments all at once, as this could have very negative effects on the engine. Also, when loading maps be sure to load only TT600 maps and never speed four. I cannot recall the specific s4 map that does this, but if it is loaded into a TT600 ecm it causes a nasty bug in the instrument panel display that will never go away--so says three members.

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
If I remember right, the speedo disappears permanently if you load 10091 into a Speed Four, but there could be other problems with other maps I don't know about.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Aside from not remembering which map it is, it appears I can't remember which model either. Nonetheless, I'd be cautious about crossing s4 and tt600 maps just because of that one bug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts