Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to make sure I am using the correct base tune. My bikes an 06 ST and is oz delivered, VIN is 559657 with plastic tank.

I think I read somewhere that the oz bikes do not have cats but do have SAI. Cant find a tune for that set up as the tuneboy site tunes all have cats with SAI.

Anyway, whatever the the cat/no cat, SAI no SAI configuration is, the tuneboy documenation is very confusing with respect to VIN# and type of tank. I am unsure of the tune to use and if anyone can advise that would be great. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts
Just wanted to make sure I am using the correct base tune. My bikes an 06 ST and is oz delivered, VIN is 559657 with plastic tank.

I think I read somewhere that the oz bikes do not have cats but do have SAI. Cant find a tune for that set up as the tuneboy site tunes all have cats with SAI.

Anyway, whatever the the cat/no cat, SAI no SAI configuration is, the tuneboy documenation is very confusing with respect to VIN# and type of tank. I am unsure of the tune to use and if anyone can advise that would be great. Cheers.
Beetos, I would just give wane a call and ask him.:)

By all accounts he is a very helpful fellow.

Cheers,
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
764 Posts

+1 with Dave. Wayne is only a phone call or an email away. Talk to the horses head (Wayne) not the horses bum (us):D

As far as I know 06 Oz models do not have Cats or SAI fitted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, I have an email in to tuneboy and am waiting a response.

I thought SAI was the thing responsible for all the overrun popping, and since mine does a lot of it, I took it has SAI. I always thought though, like Ralphus that oz bikes had neither cats or SAI.

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts
Hi,

most common cause of the popping is usually an air leak into the exhaust.

Have a good look round the joins between header, link and underseat.

Rexx
Rexx is correct on this also, you can seal up the loose "can to header pipe" (955's only) with silicone smeared over the pipe then (not too much) then slide the can on, nip up the bolt and leave over night.
This works a treat, if you run an off road free flowing exhaust system you will still get a bit of snap crackle and pop but it will be much less.

When going hard my mates tell me I fire blue flames out the back sometimes on my 2004 955i with T race can.

cheers,
DaveM

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well its not loose exhaust flanges or anything as my bike definately has SAI becuase I just blanked it off. I must say, I like the bike much better without the crackling and popping on overrun.

On another note, I have been playing with tuneboy and was wondering if anyone knows why the ECU on the ST has a separate timing map for neutral? As I understand it, T1(n) is the neutral map, T2(g) is the map in gear (not sure what T3 is but it is the same as T2g).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts