Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, any one on here a wiz with the Tuneboy? i ordered my cable and it should be hear in a few days, in the meantime i have installed tuneboy and have been looking at the maps,

for the past few days i have been looking at the two maps for the speedmaster trying to see the diferance between the standard pipes map 20183 and the after market pipes 20184 but have bene unable to see any diferance, after looking at the same maps for the bonnie and scrambler i can clearly see a diferance in the fuel map on those so i can only conclude that their is no diferance between the two,

has anyone on here installed any of these maps an noticed a diferance, i wonder if the mapsis the stock one or the aftermarket pipe version.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
rite, for any one interested

i have been looking further into the two maps, the only difference between the two it timing, they have the advanced the timing very slightly below 3000rpm on the Off Road Map, other than that they identical in every way.

this is strange because all the other maps for other parallel twins and triples have increased the fueling with Off Road pipe map, i have emailed Tuneboy and they confirm that the maps are the origonal Triumph ones so i wonder if there has been an oversite here.

also interesting because my dealer called my bike back in last week saying triumph had released an updated OR map and recommended it was installed asap.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well keep us posted - you are leading the way on this one!

thanks for the support, i have got my head around the whole thing now, for years i have worked on cars and their ECU but what was confusing me on the bike was the way they masure air in the cylinder, they basically dont, i thought their would have been a MAF to mesure the incommig air but basically the maps are programed with a set amount of air in a cylinder at a given RPM.

now i understand the whole thing i now know where to look next,as i have said the OR map has no fueling diferances for the America/Speedmaster that Tuneboy has Listed, this meas you will get no benifit from these pipes other than noise, as they have taken them directly from triumph i can assume these must be old maps, as i said myt bike went in last week for a ecu upgrade so once my cable comes i will download Triumph Off Road map thats currenty installed on my bike and compare that with the Tuneboy version.

in the meantime i have developed a two Maps for the America/Speedmaster that should improve Performace slighty if any one is intrested, one is derived from a Dyno run done on a speedmaster with a Powercommander i found roaming on the net and the other is my Handy own work,

both have incresed fueling at 30% throttle upwards and should bring in a few more HP mid range.

will post again once i have any more news

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Very Cool.

I had a tuneboy that I used on my Sprint 1050 quite often so I will look at this thread with interest.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rite guys i need some help. any one on here work at a triumph dealer? i need a copy of the latest Map for a Speedmaster with the TOR Pipes with the Keihin ECU,

can anyone help ???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts