Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the purchase of a TB or PC.

I've read a few of the posts and it appears that the TB is more popular with the Triumph crowd.

Any success or disappointment stories regarding the use, of either, on a 955i Tiger would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
get Tuneboy. :razz:
I have got mine 1 month after I purchased my 2006 Tiger.
It can do diagnostics, basic settings as well as tune remapping for you. Much more value/price than PCIII.

That is why I am happy with it. :-D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Big Stripey is the man to post here re Tuneboy. Also do a search and you will see some good stuff from folks who lurk here !

I run a trident/wolf can. Have the Triumph own race tune downloaded at the mo. With the baffle in I 'believe' it runs fine. When I remove the baffle, making exhaust even more free flowing I note hesitation low down. The seat of my pants tells me Bike is not as smooth either.

I have been watching the dynojet UK site who are bringing out a PC for the Tiger in very near future. However I am keen to learn how easy it is to hook up to a Tuneboy and adjust your ECU, however would rather let an expert do it, at same time could confirm everything is spot on through out rev range. I would want smooth curve more than top end power. So, can you buy the Tuneboy kit and get it installed professionally ?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Tuneboy is a good bit of software. It takes a bit of getting used to, but if you understand engine performance, it is a revelation !

The first thing i did was save my current tune map, just in case !!
Then i could begin to make some subtle adjustments based on some tunes that are available or recommended elsewhere on the net.

After that, it is just a case of deciding what you actually want it to do ?? You are not necessarily going to magic up vast amounts of power from anywhere, it is almost always a trade off. But what you can do is decide where you want that power to work hardest if that makes sense ??

I am not necessarily interested in power at the very top of the rev range, i was just looking to fill a hole in the power at about 3750 - 4000 rpm, and a bit more 'oomph' in the mid range, which it has done rather nicely thank you. Knowing that i have the original tune safely saved always gives me the option to go back to it at any time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts