Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
AA, you'll have to let me know how it goes. I've been looking but I don't know enough to bite the bullet, but if theres support up the road... :-D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You connect the cable to the bike and get the ECU ident code. You e-mail Tuneboy the ident code and your bike's make and model. They e-mail your key back.

Insert the key code into TuneEdit, and start loading tunes.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Got mine today from the group buy. Going to have fun playing with it this weekend

Devi...stay close to the computer :jest:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got mine today as well. Now all I have to do is sneak the bike in the living room by the computer to tune it. While the wife is at work that is. *****, I'm dumb. Me thinks I need a cheap laptop for the bike now.... Oh well the bikes' body is at paint anyhow, and it's winter. :(

[ This message was edited by: Smilodon on 2007-01-30 00:23 ]

·
Registered
276 Posts
I got mine of Friday or Saturday. Not sure which day because I didn't check the mail. If I had I could have started while my girl was away for the weekend. When she got home on Sunday she checked the mail. Opps, I didn't really want to tell her but the cat is out of the bag now.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had already downloaded data [not tunes] from the TB site but I found it easier to remove it and load the data from the CD provided.
2 or 3 attempts later I had the ECU code and 20 minutes later the key.
I'm off work for a week or so from Wednesday so I'll play then.

Any ideas for first tweaking?
My bike is Aussie delivery, no SAI, I don't think it has a CAT and it has open reverse cone mufflers.

The dealer was supposed to instal the TOR tune but my initial download said the tune was 020101. I think that is the standard tune.

AA

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
If you have TORS or other aftermarket silencers, I recommend the following tunes as a good place to start:

For non-SAI bikes - 20088tune_dyno 39

For SAI-equipped bikes - 20102tune_dyno
Same as above tune but altered for SAI servo recognition.

These tunes were developed over 39 dyno passes by Wayne Macdonald of TuneBoy with a bit more timing advance than stock. They have a raised rev limit as well.

I also suggest making sure the prime pulse is altered leaner to around 12800 for better start up, and that the speedometer correction is raised to about 107% higher (2745) for a more accurate reading. Some or all of this may already be done in the above tunes - just check the tune constants to be sure.

These are the tunes I started with, and that I suggest others try as a starting point. If you do not have a copy of these tunes, PM me your e-mail address and I can e-mail them to you.

As Emma Macdonald says, "Happy tuning"!

[ This message was edited by: Devious2XS on 2007-01-30 09:38 ]

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
Let me know how it goes, Craig. Like pome 1050 I`m keen to get one so long as there`s someone around who knows what they`re doing.

·
Registered
629 Posts
No see tunebwoy yet. I guess Emma mailed it in snail mail :) It's sitting is a container somewhere on the coast of africa :razz:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
There are now a few 1050 tunes available for download at thespeedtriple.com

Two are Wayne Macdonald's own work. One is a variation for those who have removed SAI and the precatalyst.

I hope this helps.

I talked to the moderators here about hosting tunes, but they have a couple of good reasons for not doing so - I can't say I blame them.

·
Registered
373 Posts
OK, so I really would like to get a good set of pipes. Dealer says that they can get the tune close even without a TB. He says unless you REALLY need to get it dead on track ready, it will not be that far off using a Triumph after market tune. He says to first try it without the TB, I could always get a TB later. Now questions,
1)Where to get a TB at a far price?
2)How close will it be w/out a TB
3)TB looks confusing and Blue Flame says TB's customer service sux, how hard is it to figure out.
4)If I get a TB where do I start.
5) Dealer does not have a dyno how do I get is right

The bike is bad azz as is, I don't want to drop $1000 on pips and $400+ on a TB and end up........
:brk:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts