Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I understand that all these pieces are seperate and provide different performance enhancement.

Is there an order that they should be installed? Does it matter if they're done at different times?

Would it be best to just save up and buy everything at once?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
IMO, if you get any aftermarket exhaust, you should use some tune that is designed for it, at least the TORs tune the Triumph has available. You can get the Tuneboy at any time, before or after the exhaust, as there are tunes available for stock or with aftermarket exhaust. I haven't heard of anyone just using an aftermarket air filter, could be because maybe it doesn't make much difference unless you uncork the other end.

I know there are others here that can speak with more authority on the subject.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
What you are looking for is thr best combination of modification that give the biggest bump for the least money and effort. The combo most people choose for best results is the Air filter+ aftermarket exhaust+Tune. The combinations are almost limitless.
I chose the Trident Carbon /half-pipe system with modified stock header, BMC Air Filter and TuneBoy preset tune for this comination with a few tweaks by Devious (his dyno tuned efforts) to get it really sweet. The bike is super . Not muçh work but a bit of money for the stuff. What can I say . It works ! Really good results and a great riding bike ! Spend you rmoney and make your choices.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have Arrows with TOR map and my bike rocks. I might get a K&N or BMC airfilter oneday. Not interested in the aftermarket computers thou.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts