Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
661 - 680 of 707 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
The file structure on Android is similar to Windows. Get an app called Total Commander to manage files. When you download a file from the web or I suppose email, it goes to the documents folder. I open maps with Tuneecu in the documents folder and save them to sub folders for different bikes under the TuneECU folder created using Total Commander or directly in the TuneECU folder.

·
Registered
2022 Scrambler 1200 XE with 303X cam, Zard and DNA
39 Posts
Hi

I have a 2022 Scrambler 1200 XE with Zard ((which eliminates the cat), a DNA and a 303X cam. Does anybody have maps to share as a starting point? Thruxton would would work as reference for my own education.

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
1200 Scrambler XC , 865 Scrambler, +
225 Posts
Hi

I have a 2022 Scrambler 1200 XE with Zard ((which eliminates the cat), a DNA and a 303X cam. Does anybody have maps to share as a starting point? Thruxton would would work as reference for my own education.

Much appreciated!
Hi, welcome to the forum,
Your scrambler is set up the same as my '19 scrambler with the cam,Zard and DNA,
How are you finding your bike runs with the stock map ?
Mine is a bit fluffy at idle and just above, with a tendency to stall when coming to a halt , then a flat spot at 3k , after that it sorts itself out and can really see the potential of the cam,
For most of us Danielle at Front Page | DNK TuneWorks can provide a tune, however as they have never had a 1200 scrambler with a 303 cam to play with they couldn't, at this stage, come up with a good tune for my bike, although they did give it a shot,
Maybe if you're not too far from DNK ,and could get your bike there, you could be the first with a bespoke map.
Thruxtons are quite different with twin throttle bodies, the scrambler just has the one

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum,
Your scrambler is set up the same as my '19 scrambler with the cam,Zard and DNA,
How are you finding your bike runs with the stock map ?
Mine is a bit fluffy at idle and just above, with a tendency to stall when coming to a halt , then a flat spot at 3k , after that it sorts itself out and can really see the potential of the cam,
For most of us Danielle at Front Page | DNK TuneWorks can provide a tune, however as they have never had a 1200 scrambler with a 303 cam to play with they couldn't, at this stage, come up with a good tune for my bike, although they did give it a shot,
Maybe if you're not too far from DNK ,and could get your bike there, you could be the first with a bespoke map.
Thruxtons are quite different with twin throttle bodies, the scrambler just has the one
Thanks Black man
I would not call it fluffy at idle, I would call it "lopey idle" and I love it ;) Yes, below 3k you have to be gentle with the throttle but not to bad, could be worse.
Yes, I was in contact with Danielle and she was upfront that she won't do it for the TEC cams (btw: there are two for the 1200: a 303 and a 303X). I asked her for a non-cam, Zard, DNA tune in my arrogance haha...and it does not idle at all. Yes, she warned me and delivering the tune she assumed the cam is not in yet. All my responsibility and fault.
I am now considering a handful of options, one of them to start with a homemade (aka open) map for Thruxton, just to compare OEM vs tuned and see where and which and by how much values change. Steep learning curve here ;-)

My concern is currently not drivability, as it is ok, but much more not to be to lean and enrich fuel.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks Black man
I would not call it fluffy at idle, I would call it "lopey idle" and I love it ;) Yes, below 3k you have to be gentle with the throttle but not to bad, could be worse.
Yes, I was in contact with Danielle and she was upfront that she won't do it for the TEC cams (btw: there are two for the 1200: a 303 and a 303X). I asked her for a non-cam, Zard, DNA tune in my arrogance haha...and it does not idle at all. Yes, she warned me and delivering the tune she assumed the cam is not in yet. All my responsibility and fault.
I am now considering a handful of options, one of them to start with a homemade (aka open) map for Thruxton, just to compare OEM vs tuned and see where and which and by how much values change. Steep learning curve here ;-)

My concern is currently not drivability, as it is ok, but much more not to be to lean and enrich fuel.
Good luck with the homemade map, I wouldn’t have a clue,
You’re probably not running lean , I’ve been running my innovate air/fuel gauge on mine and the only place it goes too lean is right on the 3k flat spot, these are the numbers that I’m getting
1k-12.8:1
1.5k-13:1
2k-13.8:1
2.5k-14.5:1
3k anywhere between 15:1 and 18:1
3.5k-14.9:1
4K and on 14.8:1
At around full throttle it richens up to around 13.8:1
So on my bike not dangerously leaner anywhere except 3k and usually above that anyway except when stuck in slow traffic when it’s a real pain,
My options seem to be - live with it.
Power commander , which I can get set up at a dyno 10 miles away, don’t really like that option.
Or take it to a guy three hours away that has a very good reputation and uses tune ecu,
Stuck between option one and three but think three will win in the end,
Keep us posted with whatever you try 👍

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
Good luck with the homemade map, I wouldn’t have a clue,
You’re probably not running lean , I’ve been running my innovate air/fuel gauge on mine and the only place it goes too lean is right on the 3k flat spot, these are the numbers that I’m getting
1k-12.8:1
1.5k-13:1
2k-13.8:1
2.5k-14.5:1
3k anywhere between 15:1 and 18:1
3.5k-14.9:1
4K and on 14.8:1
At around full throttle it richens up to around 13.8:1
So on my bike not dangerously leaner anywhere except 3k and usually above that anyway except when stuck in slow traffic when it’s a real pain,
My options seem to be - live with it.
Power commander , which I can get set up at a dyno 10 miles away, don’t really like that option.
Or take it to a guy three hours away that has a very good reputation and uses tune ecu,
Stuck between option one and three but think three will win in the end,
Keep us posted with whatever you try 👍
I suggest getting a PCV and having it dyno tuned asap. You’re lean, sometimes way above 14 above 2500 rpm.

This is what proper fueling from a PCIII dyno tune looks like:

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Number

·
Registered
225 Posts
I suggest getting a PCV and having it dyno tuned asap. You’re lean, sometimes way above 14 above 2500 rpm.

This is what proper fueling from a PCIII dyno tune looks like:

View attachment 774544
Hi Doug, all those readings are at a steady throttle, when I would guess it’s kicked into closed loop and aiming for stoichiometric 14.7:1, which is whereabouts where I am most of the time, not optimal but safe,
I’m more than happy to be corrected on this if I’m not understanding it right,
It’s definitely leaner than I’d be aiming for when setting up carbs, which is what I bought the gauge for, but do you really think dangerously lean ?

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
You would need to look at the A/F table for your bike’s tune to see where it’s in closed loop. My dyno charts represent WOT so no closed loop. Also no O2 sensor. A look at the plugs should tell you something.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you gents

thats why I would like to see a properly tuned map (I know "open source" exists for Thruxton) to see WOT and as well as cruising. Danielle suggested earlier in this thread that 14.1:1 is actually stoichiometric...so AFR tables as well as F and L tables....(I do not so much care about driving modes now ;-))....I tables are cherry on the pie

PCV is imho (humble and uneducated ;-)) a band aid....it works against the ECU instead of in tandem. No L tables but some overall approach. Yes, it works but its crude AND expensive. I rather pay the same money for a properly tuned map.

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
“No L tables”

The PCV tuning process doesn’t know where the underlying signal comes from, whether the L tables or the F tables. It simply adds or subtracts fuel as needed to achieve max power as a function of rpm and TP. The PCV isn’t a band aid. It’s a piggy back. Modern EFI has used manifold pressure (MAP) to determine fueling rather than TP because it is more sensitive to small changes in the throttle at low throttle plate angles. To tune the ECU directly with TuneECU or Tuneboy, you need to do the L tables for the engine to run smoothly at low throttle. Good luck finding a tuner who can do this.

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
What makes TuneECU a big pita is that you can’t dyno tune on the fly. You have to change the map, turn the engine off, load the map, check the results, and move on. Doing the L tables would be more work. I noticed that the F-L switch on some models (Rocket, Scrambler) is at 4% TP, which would mean a lot less L table tuning, while in other models, it’s 20% and as high as 39%.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ahh, thank you much!! I did not know what the "4" stands for in the F-L switch. 4%...cool.

Yeah, I agree with the process is more involved....but you get what you pay....aren't we? ;-)

However, so far I have null....lol

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
It’s not the cost, it’s that most tuners won’t deal with TuneECU. I doubt there is one in Reno. My Triumph dealer built custom Harley motors and dyno tuned bikes from far and wide. He wouldn’t look at TuneECU.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello

nobody here who wants to share his or her Hex maps for me to learn to build my own safely? Any model works as I would compare orig with modified map to see where and how much people adjust.

PCV maps are welcome too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have my dyno session booked for next week, but changed AFR to 14.1 everywhere where it was 14.5 and bike is transformed. Smooth pulling from low rpms, ZERO stalling...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have my dyno session booked for next week, but changed AFR to 14.1 everywhere where it was 14.5 and bike is transformed. Smooth pulling from low rpms, ZERO stalling...
Sounds like you’re making progress,
Got my scrambler booked in for a day on the dyno in about a months time,
The guy uses tune ecu and has a very good reputation, can’t wait to see what he can do for my bike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nope different on different bikes. The only bikes in Triumph that were unlimited were the 2019-2020 Speed Twin and the 2016-2019 Thruxton S and Thruxton R, as well as the road biased Triples. Everything else in the line has a ECU forced top speed limiter, and we just got past it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Hi Danielle, I hope you are well.
I use google translate.
Greetings from the North of Spain.

Tiger 800xrx 2017

Here in Spain we have an exhaustive annual ITV (vehicle technical inspection).
So we can not remove catalyst, snorkel, lambda sensor, etc.
Totally factory bike.

Also the salary is low and the fuel is expensive, so we really appreciate the low consumption of the engine.

So I made a few small changes to tuneecu.
In gasoline air table, 14.2.
And in L & F table a little increase in the top of the throttle expecting an increase in top speed. ( 978- 1013/ 7500-11000 rpm)
Anything to improve, without losing good fuel consumption?

As a curiosity, the tiger, when decelerating completely and going downhill, without accelerating, continue to consume about 1.5L/100kms instantly.
How to lower this to almost 0L, like the rest of the vehicles?

Greetings.

Hola Danielle, espero estés bien.
Uso traductor de google.
Saludos desde el Norte de España.

Tiger 800 xrx 2017

Aquí en España tenemos una exaustiva ITV anual ( inspección técnica vehículo).
Así que no podemos quitar catalizador, snorkel, sensor lambda, etc
Moto totalmente de fabrica.

También el sueldo es bajo y los combustibles caros, así que apreciamos mucho el bajo consumo del motor.

Así que realizé unos pequeños cambios en tuneecu.
En tabla aire gasolina, 14,2.
Y en tabla L & F un poco de aumento en la parte tope del acelerador esperando un aumento de velocidad maxima.
¿algo que mejorar, sin perder buen consumo combustible?

Como curiosidad, la tiger, al desacelerar completamente y bajando cuestas, sin acelerar, continuan consumiendo unos 1,5L/100kms instantaneos.
¿Como poder bajar esto a casi 0L, ¿como el resto de vehiculos?

Saludos.

661 - 680 of 707 Posts