Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

421 - 440 of 453 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Correct (y)
If you're talking about the difference just throttle mapping can make between the modes then I agree, a more aggressive throttle response can "feel" the same as the bike suddenly having more power, which I suppose it has in a way for the same % movement of the twist grip.
Trouble is as with most improvements it starts feeling normal after a while, my road mode is already slightly more aggressive than the old original sport mode, but when it starts to feel a bit tame I've always got my new sport mode which is a bit mental.o_O
I opted out of buying a 2020. Too heavy, too much money for too little accessories, $700 to get the GT pegs in the mid position. But, it was a blast to ride. Great power, brakes, handling (for a huge bike). I would not be tearing it apart for more sound or power.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It would be quite something if we could program each riding mode with different fuelling and ignition tables!
You could choose economy, normal and absolute power. Trouble is, I think I would permenantly be in power mode!
I agree with Cafe Racer, you get used to the power and feel of the motor and you start to think it's making less power than before. It isn't and the Dyno readings confirm it. I'm already spending more time in the higher rev range and "running out" of revs, even with the increased rev limit.
There's not a lot more power to be gained from these motors without some intrusive engineering or forced induction. They are too long a stroke (in modern engine terms) to take to tuning.
That said they're really fun to ride on the road and the way they make the power is addictive.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
It would be quite something if we could program each riding mode with different fuelling and ignition tables!
You could choose economy, normal and absolute power. Trouble is, I think I would permenantly be in power mode!
Probably an unnecessary complication on a sub 100 hp bike, exactly for the reason that you said, you would just be in the maximum power mode all the time, why wouldn't you?
Obviously there are bikes with far more power that do have that feature but I would bet not many riders use the lower power modes often, if at all.
My Rain mode is a copy of the old Road throttle map because I thought that was soft enough, and I only use that when it's really wet because I don't fully trust the traction control.
My bike returns over 60 mpg so I don't need any more economy, a bit more comfort will be my priority as I get older:LOL:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Probably an unnecessary complication on a sub 100 hp bike, exactly for the reason that you said, you would just be in the maximum power mode all the time, why wouldn't you?
Obviously there are bikes with far more power that do have that feature but I would bet not many riders use the lower power modes often, if at all.
My Rain mode is a copy of the old Road throttle map because I thought that was soft enough, and I only use that when it's really wet because I don't fully trust the traction control.
My bike returns over 60 mpg so I don't need any more economy, a bit more comfort will be my priority as I get older:LOL:
Amen to that brother 😂

·
Registered
131 Posts
I’m getting my Motone x-pipe installed on 8/1 to go along with my Cone Shorties and DNA filter on my Speed Twin. I’m in the prep stages of getting together what I need to install a DNK tune once my mods are completed.

Can someone recommend the most affordable Android Tablet that will be compatible with installing a DNK tune via the OBD LX OBD2.

thanks!!!
akm

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just used my cheap android phone. It is very slow to scroll between the screens but it did the uploads without crashing

Sent from my Redmi 8A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
Then that would mean that all changes made via something like TuneECU are universal throughout all 3 riding modes, with the exception of throttle response. Its eye opening, then, to experience how much difference a singe value can make on the riding experience.
Reach out to me via email so I can check your order. I had made some updates that were applicable to certain orders and sent them out to my customers, but if you bought third party, you did not get that update.

Part of it included long term throttle mode fine tuning. But since these are made to order, it was extremely thing time consuming. Since I'm coding each tune to the individual order, you may have been missed. If so, if happily make it right. 200+ ordered this summer, and I'm a one person operation.

Sent from my SM-T867U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
939 Posts
Reach out to me via email so I can check your order. I had made some updates that were applicable to certain orders and sent them out to my customers, but if you bought third party, you did not get that update.

Part of it included long term throttle mode fine tuning. But since these are made to order, it was extremely thing time consuming. Since I'm coding each tune to the individual order, you may have been missed. If so, if happily make it right. 200+ ordered this summer, and I'm a one person operation.

Sent from my SM-T867U using Tapatalk
Oh I ordered direct and you sent me the update. I was saying that I’m really happy with the update.

Sport mode in the revision (57) feels much smoother than the initial tune you sent.

Road mode feels torquier to me than Sport but Sport feels like it has more up top and feels more aggressive.

I’m not sure if that’s how they’re suppose to feel, but they’re both great as far as I’m concerned.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
Okay good. Road mode is the original sport mode. Sport mode is identical, but with a more aggressive ramp up to full throttle and it reaches WOT with less throttle action.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was given this tablet but don’t know how much RAM it has as I was told you really need 2MBs. Will this Samsung Galaxy 8.0 have what’s needed to run Tune ECU?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yesterday I installed a Meerkat and a Danielle tune on my 1200R. The primary reason was to lower the heat for riding here in Florida. Mission accomplished.
What I did not expect was a significantly more powerful and smoother running bike. Thanks Danielle. Just awesome. For grins I ran it all the way up to 8,000 rpm and it was still pulling hard. Torque is clearly up. I just don't understand why the engine is so much smoother; but not complaining😊. In my humble opinion this upgrade is worth far more than the cost. Took my already great bike up a notch. Fuel mileage seems the same but then I was pushing it more than usual so maybe the mileage is a tiny bit better.
The Meerkat install was not terribly hard but took a long time and was a bit fiddly to remove the cat. Then the rear clamps attaching the Meerkat to muffler was a three hands job...had to get a friend to help on that one.
Exhaust noise with the stock muffler is deeper and not obnoxious.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just installed my DNK Tune after my decat......went in on first try with no issues. Holy $&# !!!! It’s like a whole different bike now. 1-3rd will pull the wheel of the ground on WOT runs. The throttle response is crisp and immediate and the bike pulls much harder all through the range. I’m very impressed with Ms Danielle‘s tuning ability....its seems to be spot on.

I’m still get some right thigh heat ( Florida!!! ) and some de-acceleration popping but nothing brutal. GREAT mod and well worth the time and money. Don’t even think twice if you are considering it.

2020 Speed Twin
Motone X-Pipe
Cone Engineering Shorties
DNA Filter
Snorkel Removed
Throttle Spacers
DNK Tune

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
If you changed the mufflers for more power, the cat is the main restriction. Based on Jsobel’s tests on the Thruxton, it is unlikely you need a new tune although Danielle would be the best person to ask. I would get rid of the cat and get a DNK tune. (I did on my T120).

·
Registered
622 Posts
Didn’t change mufflers for any power increase was purely for sound/ aesthetics. Just curious as to whether the DKN tune is for decatted bikes.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I’m guessing that even with the cats in place she has a tune for that setup. Her tunes are designed to enhance each individual bike based on its combination of mods. There is no doubt her tune has awaken a lot of power that just removing the cat wouldn’t have done by itself.

Hopefully she will se these post and respond.

421 - 440 of 453 Posts