Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

401 - 420 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to add my experience.

Thruxton R 2018
Decat, snorkel removed, original mufflers (i find these open and loud enough :) ) running 95 ron.

I can confirm the findings of Hybrid81 (Tune ECU Tuning for water-cooled Bikes)
It's how I always wanted the bike to be. Big smile here!

Nice support and good communication, fast responses!
Worked flawlessly!

Indeed a $200 very well spent.
Thanks Danielle!

Kheno

·
Registered
99 Posts
@TheDivaDanielle
Riding out to AJ Cycles NY for one of your maps this Saturday. Very exciting time to be alive.
2019 Thruxton R; Cone Engineering Shorty Performer Pro's; x-pipe; OEM headers; DNA air filter; Snorkel removal

"I would recommend either K&N Filter or DNA filter and removal of the snorkel to maximize the tune.
Pricing for K&N is $85 installed, DNA Is $100 installed. The DNA is the better filter.
"

Any other advice?
xo

·
Registered
142 Posts
Got a tune on my SreetTwin One small revision required to sort out stalling issue when very hot in traffic. Now the bike fly's. It's mid range pick up is fantastic and it will sit all day at 90 plus with lots of power to spare. The Tec cam on the standard tune worked well but this custom tune has truly unlocked the bikes heart. One other note. I've had the Tec cam in for 9000 miles and checked the shims when I installed the tune. No change at all in clearance over the 9000 miles and no viable where on the cam so I believe the cam quality is good.

Sent from my Redmi 8A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
939 Posts
Went out for a couple hours yesterday. Lots of good riding. Here’s something (I thought) I noticed.

I finally decided to check out road mode and it felt torquier to me. I rode for a couple miles then flipped back to sport for a couple, then back to road and again, and yea, it seemed like road had more torque, at least on the lower end. I couldn’t ring it out where I was so I was only getting to up to around 5 maybe 6k.

So I’m curious as to whether the torque could be front loaded on the road map vs. more evenly distributed on the sport map? Sorry if there’s a simple answer here, mechanics and ECU tuning are not my strong suits.

Either way, both maps feel like they were upgraded from the previous revision.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Went out for a couple hours yesterday. Lots of good riding. Here’s something (I thought) I noticed.

I finally decided to check out road mode and it felt torquier to me. I rode for a couple miles then flipped back to sport for a couple, then back to road and again, and yea, it seemed like road had more torque, at least on the lower end. I couldn’t ring it out where I was so I was only getting to up to around 5 maybe 6k.

So I’m curious as to whether the torque could be front loaded on the road map vs. more evenly distributed on the sport map? Sorry if there’s a simple answer here, mechanics and ECU tuning are not my strong suits.

Either way, both maps feel like they were upgraded from the previous revision.
The riding modes only change the throttle mapping (etv tables), no change in power or torque.
Any difference you're feeling when riding is just down to the throttle response.
Maybe on your bike the road mode is more responsive than the sport, I don't know what modified map your running.

·
Registered
939 Posts
The riding modes only change the throttle mapping (etv tables), no change in power or torque.
Any difference you're feeling when riding is just down to the throttle response.
Maybe on your bike the road mode is more responsive than the sport, I don't know what modified map your running.
DNK tune.

I thought that with the ECU’s being unlocked, those maps could hold entirely different settings from one another beyond just throttle mapping.

·
Registered
24 Posts
DNK tune.

I thought that with the ECU’s being unlocked, those maps could hold entirely different settings from one another beyond just throttle mapping.
They can. Fuel for each cylinder with, ignition and throttle maps and if you want to get really precise, for each gear too. Also AFR look up table. Rev limiter can also be set along with cooling fan temp cut in.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
They can. Fuel for each cylinder with, ignition and throttle maps and if you want to get really precise, for each gear too. Also AFR look up table. Rev limiter can also be set along with cooling fan temp cut in.
Yes, but he was talking about differences between riding modes, were unless anyone knows any different it's just throttle mapping.
That's what I was referring to.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
DNK tune.

They do. My DNK tune had changes to the fuel and ignition. But changes to etv tables can enhance or limit torque just as closing or opening secondary throttle plates did.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yes, but he was talking about differences between riding modes, were unless anyone knows any different it's just throttle mapping.
That's what I was referring to.
With the ECU being unlocked, those 3 modes can hold entirely different maps for all of the settings which the other posters have pointed out. This is a thread about using TuneECU so I’d just assumed that it would be implied.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Just to be clear I'm fully aware of what parameters you can change while remapping, I was directly referring to these quotes by the OP.
road mode and it felt torquier to me.
So I’m curious as to whether the torque could be front loaded on the road map vs. more evenly distributed on the sport map?
he seemed to be under the impression you could alter the power and torque BETWEEN the riding modes, I was just saying that's not possible it's just purely different throttle response.

Reactions: ColoradoSteve

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
With the ECU being unlocked, those 3 modes can hold entirely different maps for all of the settings which the other posters have pointed out. This is a thread about using TuneECU so I’d just assumed that it would be implied.
The riding modes cannot hold entirely different maps for all these settings, just the throttle response.

·
Registered
939 Posts
The riding modes cannot hold entirely different maps for all these settings, just the throttle response.

Then that would mean that all changes made via something like TuneECU are universal throughout all 3 riding modes, with the exception of throttle response. Its eye opening, then, to experience how much difference a singe value can make on the riding experience.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Then that would mean that all changes made via something like TuneECU are universal throughout all 3 riding modes, with the exception of throttle response. Its eye opening, then, to experience how much difference a singe value can make on the riding experience.
Correct (y)
If you're talking about the difference just throttle mapping can make between the modes then I agree, a more aggressive throttle response can "feel" the same as the bike suddenly having more power, which I suppose it has in a way for the same % movement of the twist grip.
Trouble is as with most improvements it starts feeling normal after a while, my road mode is already slightly more aggressive than the old original sport mode, but when it starts to feel a bit tame I've always got my new sport mode which is a bit mental.o_O

401 - 420 of 453 Posts