Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

381 - 400 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have blue stacks installed which is an android emulator on windows. Tuneecu can be installed on launched. But the app cant detect a folder.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not talking
Tune ECU on Windows is dead and hasn't been supported since 2015.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Not the actually pc version but the App on a tablet as some apps will work on a Windows tablet.

I have blue stacks installed which is an android emulator on windows. Tuneecu can be installed on launched. But the app cant detect a folder.
that’s the answer I’m after, Cheers. Seems it can’t be done properly then. I have another program (VCDS) that needs windows to run and I currently use an old laptop For it. All my other devices are Apple So I was hopping to get a tablet that runs Windows and android apps so I can bin my big old laptop and kill to birds with one stone.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It’s actually Smartphone or Tablet Android version 4.0 minimum, dual Core 1.2 Ghz mini and OTG.

i know some android apps will run on Microsoft windows tablets as an app or with a emulator. But as was answered it dosnt run on an emulator.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yesterday I mentioned to a friend of mine, who is a fairly novice rider, that I had installed a new tune on the Triumph. He looked at me for a few seconds, and then asked, "Where does the music come out?" Honestly.

Just had to pass that along.

You should have told him the exhaust.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not talking

Not the actually pc version but the App on a tablet as some apps will work on a Windows tablet.

that’s the answer I’m after, Cheers. Seems it can’t be done properly then. I have another program (VCDS) that needs windows to run and I currently use an old laptop For it. All my other devices are Apple So I was hopping to get a tablet that runs Windows and android apps so I can bin my big old laptop and kill to birds with one stone.

I managed to detect the folder and able to load map. will try later if can sync with obdlink.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Danielle been watching for a few Months and now ready to pull the plug on a tune for my recently acquired 2016 T120, is it best to message on you DNK site and give details of mods?

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Just wanted to throw out another thumbs up for Danielle and DNKTuneWorks. Had a chance to get the Speed Twin out for a longer ride after the download. What a difference! Bike is smooth, stronger midrange, almost no decel popping, settles into a nice 1k idle with no hint of stalling. Sport mode pulls like a freight train. This turned the bike into a proper roadster. Well pleased!

Now I just have to keep the hooligan side under control...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Loaded up my T120 DNK tune this morning took 20 mins!!!!

Wow what a difference, no more low speed surging, power everywhere, just really great driveability; my T120 is so much more fun to drive now!!!

Thanks Danielle

Just need to sort the suspension now?

Reactions: TheDivaDanielle

·
Registered
134 Posts
Have been running one of Danielle's tunes on my T120 for a few months and been very happy with the improvements to performance and general rideability,
Will the current tune still work when i fit my Tec performance cam, which arrived this morning, or will i need another tune to work with the new cam ?
Tec claim their cam can be fitted without making any other changes and it will all work fine, but i'm slightly skeptical of that claim

·
Registered
1 Posts
So unless you guys missed it, this recently came available. I've peeked at the stock maps for everything.

Pretty standard stuff, but the 1200HP is the real wildcard as Triumph purposely left power on the table in order to have the engine have similar character to the rest and purposely limited power up top by limiting the throttle from 6500+ to just 80% to give a similar power feel to the HT and force power to fall off heavily at that point.

To get started you'll need an Android device, an OBD Link LX, MX or MX+ and Tune ECU off the Google Play Store

I've tuned my Thruxton R. I have over 40 revisions in the past week experimenting and trying to get it perfect.

I started with a stock 30042 US Map then imported Power Commander tables appropriate for my mods (decat or Headers, slip one, air filter, ported air inlet). These are available on Dynojet's website.

I ran additions and took it for a spin. The left bank was majorly rich, the right a bit lean. Technically within spec of adaptions, but I knew I could do better.

Pulled fuel out of the left until I had it to a reasonable level. Made some AFR adjustments to command 14.1. Immediately fixed any hesitation and snatchiness. Also this change corrected cylinder 2 on its own. But cylinder 1 even richer.

Made more adjustments, removed the throttle restriction up top and readded fuel where it was being pulled after 6500. Now it was obvious it had much more in it up top, relaxed the limiter to 7800. Pulls hard to that point. Stock the 1200HP is limited to 80% throttle after 6500 to force it to have a power feel like the 1200HT, because in reality it has a significantly different personality with the limiter removed.

Then I tackled the heavy popping in Deceleration and reduced it to a pleasing burble with only soft popping from 2-3k where the exhaust velocity really slows down. This was achieved by a bit more timing on decel and a bit more fuel in key areas. I didn't go overzealous because I didn't want to kill fuel economy, as I knew correcting the AFR to 14.1 for my country wide E10 fuel would already have an effect.

Through looking at other stock maps, I've determined that even though they have different numbers, they are generally identical. So I would like to share what I have come up with.

There are a few things id like to state first:

I have over 25 hours and 40 revisions into this to perfect it for my mods. That said, it's not perfect, but I put a little faith initially into Dynojet, but I also saw that they weren't perfect since cylinder 1 was crazy rich. I did work endlessly on driveability though, I'm content with my results.

If you can take my tune and improve, please do so, just share with us.

So here's my tune for the Thruxton R/Thruxton S/Speed Twin. It's easy to build more maps from my work (download your stock map, open mine, and copy my tables and paste into yours)

I built a Speed Twin US and Thruxton S NZ map just from copy and paste of my stuff as they're identical. I verified this myself.

• 900RPM idle
  • 7800RPM redline
  • 14.1 AFR in cruise and low throttle for driveability (no more stalling, ever again)
  • 12.8-13.1 AFR on full throttle
  • Up to 35° of timing under full throttle
  • Greatly reduced decel popping
  • Throttle limiter from 6500+ removed entirely in all modes
  • Recurved fueling based on Power Commander Maps
  • Recurved timing based on Power Commander Maps
REQUIRES 93 Octane/98 RON.

I hope they my hard work can help the community, but that somebody can also improve upon my start.

Dropbox - Link not found
Hi I’m very interested in your map but the Dropbox file has gone do you still have it

381 - 400 of 453 Posts