Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

261 - 280 of 283 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Absolutely safe. I'm not trying to push any limits or exceed any safety nets that exist.

Somebody else can go up there and try some crazy stuff, push limits and blow up an engine, but that's not for me and I don't want to push the limits. As soon as you start pushing limits you also put durability at major risk.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I’m pretty conservative. Just don’t want any burnt valves. The bike hasn’t run better. Your tune is well worth it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Where does one locate these "Danielle" tunes? I've been all over tuneecu and tuneecu boards sites.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
FYI, for those interested in tuning but don't want to have to deal with all the other stuff like getting an Android, getting Tune ECU, etc, I am right now working out the logistics for people to send me their ECUs, and I can install the calibration and send it back to them.

This would be for anyone around the world, but the end-user would be responsible for shipping costs. Realistically the cost would be very small since the ECU is tiny.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just back from my first ride on my T120 since installing one of Danielle's (DNK TuneWorks) tunes,
What an improvement , the snatchy, glitchy throttle is completely fixed, and pulls smoothly and noticeably stronger all through the midrange and beyond where the rev limiter used to kick in, an improvement from top to bottom,
Good work Danielle i'm very pleased,
I'm useless with modern technology and did struggle with the installation process but Danielle was good enough to walk me through it via a transatlantic email exchange , i see she's now working on a reprogramming service , would have been useful for a muppet like me,

Do have one issue though the engine management system malfunction light is now illuminated,
this should go out once the engine is running and according to my manual if it comes on when the engine is running the bike will go into limp mode, which it clearly didn't do,
so whats going on there then ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think it’s ‘Cruise Control Disabled’.

With key in the on position (bike not running) do this:
Activate front brake then
-Activate rear brake then
-Pull clutch then
Reverse throttle (move throttle in opposite direction a couple of mm past neural position) then
-Hit cruise control button

This fixes mine every time I load a new tune.
This sequence is listed on the ECU site.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Darn it.
You should be able to read and then clear the error code. I think AJ Cycles has a video where they show how to do this.

·
Registered
469 Posts
To check for error codes, depress and hold the “i“ button, turn ignition on, observe the display on the speedometer, you’ll see “type” then “dtc”, when you see the “dtc” release the “i“ button. You should then see the code. It will begin with a “P” and have 4 numbers after it. P0000 = no fault(s).

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
It's very important to know what country people are from when building tunes, and if they have cruise control, I may have built you a tune for a different region. I just last night added the functionality for people to select their region from a drop down menu, because I found that people were not entering it when they placed orders when it was a blank line.

Some regions have different emissions hardware, that's the primary reason.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #274 (Edited)
I have you listed as a UK customer, and double checked that I built a UK map for a bike without cruise control.

What's your first and last name so I'm not confusing customers by screennames to be sure

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have you listed as a North America/Canada customer, and double checked that I built a North America map. I did.

What's your first and last name so I'm not confusing customers by screennames to be sure
Hi Danielle, the tune works great , very pleased with the way my bike now runs,
You did confirm via email that i am in the UK and didn't have cruise control before you started work

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
Just double checking all correspondence....

Your build was based off 30029, which would be the correct one, so I'm curious what's causing the illumination. That's been the only reason that anyone had that due to different emissions equipment. Would be something if your bike was originally intended for another market and got mixed up

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
You can also use tune ECU to check and clear fault codes, which I'd recommend

261 - 280 of 283 Posts